DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I created a program to assist with staying within the regulations in Sweden

iKenndac

Reactions
Hey everyone,

Here in Sweden, it's illegal to publish photographs or video taken from the air without getting approval from an agency known as Lantmäteriet.

More information (in Swedish) at:

- Lantmäteriet
- Transportstyrelsen

The approval process is reasonably simple and is done online, but requires looking up the street address and a kind of property designation for each photo. The street address can be done using Google Maps etc., and the property designation is done on Lantmäteriet's own map. Unfortunately, the Lantmäteriet map uses a Sweden-specific coordinate system known as SWEREF rather than the WGS84 system that everything else uses.

The long and short of this is that to build my submission of 24 images the other week took over 45 minutes of copying and pasting and scrolling around. Very boring.

So, I built a little program that does it all for you. Give it some images and it'll perform an address lookup as well as a Lantmäteriet lookup for each image, then assemble it all into a table for you to give to Lantmäteriet as part of your approval submission. It'll also put Google Map and Lantmäteriet Map links for each time so you can quickly perform manual lookups if the automated ones aren't accurate enough (which can happen if you're flying out in the wilderness).

The program can do the lookups that took me 45 minutes in about 30 seconds. Much better!

Right now the program is a command-line program and Mac only, since Macs is what I know and building a command-line program is quicker. Over the next few weeks I'll make it into a "real" app that's easier to use.

You can find it here: iKenndac/lantmateriet-lookup, with instructions and sample output etc.

Enjoy!

Hey everyone,

Here in Sweden, it's illegal to publish photographs or video taken from the air without getting approval from an agency known as Lantmäteriet.

More information (in Swedish) at:

- Lantmäteriet
- Transportstyrelsen

The approval process is reasonably simple and is done online, but requires looking up the street address and a kind of property designation for each photo. The street address can be done using Google Maps etc., and the property designation is done on Lantmäteriet's own map. Unfortunately, the Lantmäteriet map uses a Sweden-specific coordinate system known as SWEREF rather than the WGS84 system that everything else uses.

The long and short of this is that to build my submission of 24 images the other week took over 45 minutes of copying and pasting and scrolling around. Very boring.

So, I built a little program that does it all for you. Give it some images and it'll perform an address lookup as well as a Lantmäteriet lookup for each image, then assemble it all into a table for you to give to Lantmäteriet as part of your approval submission. It'll also put Google Map and Lantmäteriet Map links for each time so you can quickly perform manual lookups if the automated ones aren't accurate enough (which can happen if you're flying out in the wilderness).

The program can do the lookups that took me 45 minutes in about 30 seconds. Much better!

Right now the program is a command-line program and Mac only, since Macs is what I know and building a command-line program is quicker. Over the next few weeks I'll make it into a "real" app that's easier to use.

You can find it here: iKenndac/lantmateriet-lookup, with instructions and sample output etc.

Enjoy!
Very cool! You should try to sell it to the agency that requires it!!

You are a very smart guy [emoji106][emoji106]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111