DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I crushed my drone - need replacement/upgrade

koco2202

Reactions
Hello friends, drone pilots,

I recently crushed my DJI Mavic Air 2 drone (totally my fault), and broke the camera gimble, I attached photos so you can have better idea.

Since I really can't live without flying, I do travel a lot, I have couple of questions.

I found a brand new drone, same as mine (Mavic Air 2), just the base, no batteries, propellers or controller on eBay for $600, I want to get it, so my question is, should I go for it or do an upgrade? This one also have option to get the DJI Care Refresh.

I see Mavic Air 2S on Amazon for around $1000, and I am also looking for the Mini 3 as well, what will you suggest, should I go for an upgrade?

Here is something about me:
- I like to take photos and videos a lot, especially from nature and beach landscapes, I love the quickshot, long battery life, ability to follow myself with the drone. For videos 4K is more than enough for me.

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• IMG_2603.jpg
    IMG_2603.jpg
    589.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2602.jpg
    IMG_2602.jpg
    805.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2601.jpg
    IMG_2601.jpg
    436.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2604.jpg
    IMG_2604.jpg
    626.4 KB · Views: 56
Why not send it to DJI for repair? It would likely be cheaper than buying a whole new drone. They will likely send you a new one or a refurbished one anyway.

Chris

I’d be very wary. Why would a ‘brand new’ drone be sold without battery & props - especially the props. It could be genuine or a faulty or repaired aircraft.

Why not send it to DJI for repair? It would likely be cheaper than buying a whole new drone. They will likely send you a new one or a refurbished one anyway.

Chris

My drone is 3 years old, I don’t have refresh care anymore. Do you think if I send it to repair shop it will be cheaper?

Reactions: Capt KO and Yaros
My drone is 3 years old, I don’t have refresh care anymore. Do you think if I send it to repair shop it will be cheaper?
You could at least get a quote. There will likely be a fee for checking it but many repair shops refund that fee if you go ahead and get it repaired with them.

Just start the repair process with DJI support. You'll get some pricing options. Then use the prepaid label and send it to DJI. You'll still have the option to pay for repair/replacement or not. If you go for the repair you'll have just one price to pay, including shipping. If you decide not to accept the repair you may have to pay for return shipping. Still the best option and you'll get it done right.

Hello fellow Houstonian. There is a guy in the Atlanta area named bob from Thunder Drones (Thunder Drones – Specializing In Dji Drones) who does a good job at a reasonable price. I hit a low hung branch with my first M1P and busted an arm and messed up the gimble. I think he charged me $150 for the repairs. I have two of the M1P's. Love them. They both have NLD software. What part of Houston are you in?

Thank you all, I will get wiuth DJI right now and see what they say.

Hello fellow Houstonian. There is a guy in the Atlanta area named bob from Thunder Drones (Thunder Drones – Specializing In Dji Drones) who does a good job at a reasonable price. I hit a low hung branch with my first M1P and busted an arm and messed up the gimble. I think he charged me $150 for the repairs. I have two of the M1P's. Love them. They both have NLD software. What part of Houston are you in?

Thank you sir, I will get that info and check with the guy in Atlanta.

I live in Galleria, but I work in Pearland, so close to you :)

Hello friends, drone pilots,

I recently crushed my DJI Mavic Air 2 drone (totally my fault), and broke the camera gimble, I attached photos so you can have better idea.

Since I really can't live without flying, I do travel a lot, I have couple of questions.

I found a brand new drone, same as mine (Mavic Air 2), just the base, no batteries, propellers or controller on eBay for $600, I want to get it, so my question is, should I go for it or do an upgrade? This one also have option to get the DJI Care Refresh.

I see Mavic Air 2S on Amazon for around $1000, and I am also looking for the Mini 3 as well, what will you suggest, should I go for an upgrade?

Here is something about me:
- I like to take photos and videos a lot, especially from nature and beach landscapes, I love the quickshot, long battery life, ability to follow myself with the drone. For videos 4K is more than enough for me.

Thank you in advance
Try the Mini 3… best battery life (with the special battery), great camera, and super compact

+1 for Thunderdrones.Duluth Georgia

Reactions: koco2202
You'll be pleasantly surprised at the price from DJI especially on older models still sold. You will get a like new replacement with option to buy Care Refresh too, (for less than $600). I now do that with my drones and remotes even without being the original owner. Just use the serial number for ID. Good luck
Takes about 2 weeks incl shipping both ways. They stay in touch the whole time.

Last edited:
Big thank you everyone, I received brand new drone from DJI and I only paid $160.

• Love
Reactions: Capt KO
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore