DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I don't want the UPGRADE !!!

I just went through this last week
My prompt message we latest go4 app must install
Then my app would shut down
Still had control through Controller
Several time on the last time I landed a little hot updated from 4.0.8 to go4 app 4.3.3
After repairs fly well no more lockout issuse
cR

This is why I only use Litchi for flights, no nags no need to upgrade. I only use the go app for deep setting changes. beside litch load 10 times faster and is 100% reliable.
,,,,,,, no it is not. if you go to remote ares litchi will brick until you get a internet connection. they say it is part of their anti theft crap. hike up to the top of a mountain, lose connection,, and on restart litchi is bricked,,, and impossible to reconnect. i like litchi but it is far from 100% reliable.

Reactions: charliesRig
Like this thread.!
If only there was a flight app
That was user friendly flying App for Mavic with "Deep setting"
And would not brick..??
....cR

I had the same worries before I made my first update on mavic. Ai had been using her for 12 months and more until I made a big decision to update her. Some people say... do not update your firmware if you do not have problem with her. And Yes, they are right in some reasons... but for another reason the probably are not right. Why? Because every updates that was made by the product maker is always aiming for some improvement by any means... some times we will discover that some version of the firmware updates have bugs... that was why later on they will give another update and so on and so on.
In my own experience the latest firmware update that I made brings about awareness to me: if I do not follow the movement of technology , then I will be left behind by it.

Reactions: charliesRig
To upgrade or to not upgrade? I've heard both side of the story and if IMO if your MA is under warranty it seems most logical to do so. If it were an older drone then the argument could make more sense. I've had a P34k up until getting the MA2Pro and always update without experiencing the horror stories you speak of but have heard plenty about them so the reluctance is understandable. Personally I'm leaning toward the always take your upgrade camp. The one thing that did cross me up and cost me a great deal of frustration and time is that while upgrading firmware on the new MA was that. You must take out the drones SD card to use DJI assistant 2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom