DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I forgot to mention this to 107 guys and taxes.

jaysrmc

Reactions
I was audited last year. Airdata was the only way I could prove that I used the drones I own for work purposes and one for hobby flying. They allowed me to write off the two because of air data showed exactly what I was doing.

Reactions: Phill and rfc
I was audited last year. Airdata was the only way I could prove that I used the drones I own for work purposes and one for hobby flying. They allowed me to write off the two because of air data showed exactly what I was doing.
And the DJI flight logs that are stored in the app would have shown exactly the same information.
Airdata isn't the only way you could prove it.

And the DJI flight logs that are stored in the app would have shown exactly the same information.
Airdata isn't the only way you could prove it.
sorry but the DJI flight logs are not saved to the cloud. I have use a modded firmware and modded app that I do not have to sign into. I upload my information to air data only.

sorry but the DJI flight logs are not saved to the cloud. I have use a modded firmware and modded app that I do not have to sign into. I upload my information to air data only.
I wasn't talking about anything saved to a cloud.
Your app saves the flight data.
The same data that you upload to Airdata.

I wasn't talking about anything saved to a cloud.
Your app saves the flight data.
The same data that you upload to Airdata.

OK.. I am not even sure why I should have to justify why I couldn't the phone I use but I will anyways. Its on an android with 8GB of storage, it is not capable of storing a years worth of photos of job sites or flight data. I don't sign into the app so yeah sure maybe I could have brought the phone and said here you can look through this app and see how often I use this for work. Or should I just export my airdata information into a readable format including photos of the job or just go into air data and export the reports. Seems like the best choice to me seeing as I can't give my phone to the IRS to keep.

Reactions: Phill
Your simply saying Airdata logs proved acceptable evidence to the authorities in demonstrating business use of your drone(s). That is handy to know for a lot of people no doubt. Clearly it’s not the only means that might prove to be acceptable substantiation.

Your simply saying Airdata logs proved acceptable evidence to the authorities in demonstrating business use of your drone(s). That is handy to know for a lot of people no doubt. Clearly it’s not the only means that might prove to be acceptable substantiation.

Sure they accept log books and sure there are other methods. My point was that Airdata is what saved me, I didn't keep log books and I don't keep records on the phone I use because storage is limited.

Sure they accept log books and sure there are other methods. My point was that Airdata is what saved me, I didn't keep log books and I don't keep records on the phone I use because storage is limited.
Yes- we got it. Its great to know that is one method that might be accepted as evidence by the revenue authorities.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS