DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I found a SanDisk microSD card inside the Mavic.

The internal SD card only holds the logs, not the firmware so there is nothing to hack. All DJI products have these inside, it is pretty well known. What is different is that it isn't glued in by the looks of that photo. Usually they have a ton of glue on em. Don't mess with it if you want to get any kind of warranty coverage.

Besides with a 5000m ceiling and a 4 mile one-way range, what more do you need?

Do you know of anyone editing the PARM file and testing the results? If not, then no one knows anything. Most likely the hack won't work, but you can never rule anything out until it is tested. I would expect that the limit is hard coded in the firmware. It would likely take hacking the firmware which is not so easy and can result in a bricked device. Often firmwares have a checksum, so any modification will cause flashing to fail.

I agree that the limits are sufficient for most people, but if one lived at the base of a mountain which has a steep grade, this limit could be too restrictive. The altitude guidlines are AGL, so it's possible to fly within the FAA guidelines and exceed the 500m limit following the side of mountain.

The internal SD card only holds the logs, not the firmware so there is nothing to hack. All DJI products have these inside, it is pretty well known. What is different is that it isn't glued in by the looks of that photo. Usually they have a ton of glue on em. Don't mess with it if you want to get any kind of warranty coverage.

Besides with a 5000m ceiling and a 4 mile one-way range, what more do you need?
If he's opened it up to the point of being able to see this card, he's probably already voided the warranty right

Interesting. Make sure you use some text editors that that preserve the original encoding to open, edit and save the file. You don't want to corrupt hex files by saving it in ASCII. Make backups.

I´m really interested in this issue.
As some of you said...I don´t need to fly over 500m except when I´m in the mountain...The key is the AGL....
So...we need to keep on searching for the solution...although as Cyber said....probably it won´t work, but worths a try...

Till now the only solution I´ve seen it works is the vacuum chamber...but...it is too messy...hahaha

Keep on looking for this hack!

SUBSCRIBED LIKE A MOFO :D

Reactions: wp7718
I´m really interested in this issue.
As some of you said...I don´t need to fly over 500m except when I´m in the mountain...The key is the AGL....
So...we need to keep on searching for the solution...although as Cyber said....probably it won´t work, but worths a try...

Till now the only solution I´ve seen it works is the vacuum chamber...but...it is too messy...hahaha

Keep on looking for this hack!
I tried to change the value of the height limit, but the disk is write protected.

update: The PARM file couldn't be edited directly via usb cable through the mavic, but it can be edited if you extract the sd card from the upper board.
I edited the PARM file, replacing all the height limit from 500.0000 to 5000.0000 and fortunately it didn't bricked the bird and I took a test flight unfotunately still limited to 500m.

All we need now is someone that knows a way around apps using apk tool and edit the strings value for 20m~500m in the dji go app.Anyone?

sorry for my bad English

Reactions: Mr Spock
I'm guessing the PARM file on the bird got overwritten as soon as the RC controller connected up to it. It's a complete guessing game where this information is stored, as I suspect it is in the encrypted DB on the Mavic.

Every thing looks to be metric? No 500 seen. Only fly_limit_distance is distance set by me in go4 app for distance away in meters

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Of course it is metric. The Mavic is made in China which is a country that is metric, like most other countries in the world. Pretty much only the US uses imperial. The rest has standardised on the metric system!

I'm guessing the PARM file on the bird got overwritten as soon as the RC controller connected up to it. It's a complete guessing game where this information is stored, as I suspect it is in the encrypted DB on the Mavic.
I have to disagree with you, I edited the file, and updated the mavic to .700 and had a flight test.
I rechecked the file still the same as I edited all flight limit of 500.000000 to 5000.000000

f231a60842e5513ecb94bb261d1e974c.jpg

I suspect the same file also available in the RC

I have to disagree with you, I edited the file, and updated the mavic to .700 and had a flight test.
I rechecked the file still the same as I edited all flight limit of 500.000000 to 5000.000000
I suspect the same file also available in the RC

So now you need to make an above 500m test flight?

So now you need to make an above 500m test flight?
I already done that using only the rc (without dji go 4 app/phone ) to 500m height from take off point, still limited to 500m, so there should be some sort of storage in the rc, I've already gone through all videos on rc teardown, and nobody mentioned any storage of some sort.

Reactions: Mr Spock
Is the maximum ceiling height based on the elevation that the Mavic takes off from or sea level ?

Is the maximum ceiling height based on the elevation that the Mavic takes off from or sea level ?
ceiling height= more than 500m
take off point to max height = 500m

correct me if im wrong, not so good at these altitude thingy
which means if you took off from 1000m above sea level, you can fly the mavic up to 1500m above sea level

I'm one of the people that could exceed 500M and still be legal. Quite interested in seeing where this experiment goes.

It's most likely from the point the aircraft launches from.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661