DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I found a SanDisk microSD card inside the Mavic.

We need someone to mod the dji go 4 app
It is safe to say that dji go app dosent play any role in this limitation, you can fly the mavic even without the app turned on, and still limited to 500m

I'm afraid the the limiter hides deeper within the firmware, not so easy to find.

Since we are on the topic of ceiling height , has any drone enthusiast mountaineer ever filmed atop Everest ?

Guys, so I have some experience with this type stuff.

All you need to do is grab a jail broken iPhone and load DJI GO. Get iFile and you can tweak the values in the app.

I have modified many apps via iFile. Knowing what to change is another thing.

Reactions: EJay

All you need to do is grab a jail broken iPhone and load DJI GO. Get iFile and you can tweak the values in the app.

Or just mod the android version and the modded apk can be used by any android device. No moding of the device required.

.. I've already gone through all videos on rc teardown, and nobody mentioned any storage of some sort.

The drone contains a full Android OS - similar to a mobile phone - Lollypop release I believe - its stored on a soldered on chip on the motherboard and there appears to be no access to it since they patched the ftp exploit in the newer firmwares.
The Software has been extracted and is available on the web. There are lots of interesting stuff to see in the various config files - developer notes and rate leds blink etc - but no-one has pointed out any modifications that would be useful to anyone.

Getting any modified firmware back into the drone would be a very risky thing indeed though.
But the Phantom 3 S power mods have been discussed here on these forums at great length - so who knows if someone will come up with an easy tool to do it on the mavic. Heres hoping.

Reactions: Mr Spock

Or just mod the android version and the modded apk can be used by any android device. No moding of the device required.

Neither of these work. Nowadays the aircraft firmware enforces its own limits so even if you mod the app to let you enter something it usuaslly doesn't the aircraft sees it's beyond the limits and just ignores it.

Since we are on the topic of ceiling height , has any drone enthusiast mountaineer ever filmed atop Everest ?

Everest is over 8800meters high - DJI have said before the max altitude the drone can take off from is 5000 meters
- The air would get very thin after that.

Neither of these work. Nowadays the aircraft firmware enforces its own limits so even if you mod the app to let you enter something it usuaslly doesn't the aircraft sees it's beyond the limits and just ignores it.

I figured an app mod alone would not work but maybe with pulling the internal sd card and mod the PARM file in conjunction with an an app mod.

Or let us all spend our life saving and buy a matrice 200, surely it can fly along with the commercial aircraft.

I'll be selling kidneys for matrice 200.
for now I think I'll just give up on high altitude flight, and be surfing the distance with my new dbs mod

I have to disagree with you, I edited the file, and updated the mavic to .700 and had a flight test.
I rechecked the file still the same as I edited all flight limit of 500.000000 to 5000.000000

f231a60842e5513ecb94bb261d1e974c.jpg

I suspect the same file also available in the RC
is there anything in that file that might be related to TX RX power CE vs FCC?

is there anything in that file that might be related to TX RX power CE vs FCC?
any parameters value am I looking at? like 5v 2 amps or ?

0bc70175aefc3767938f1faa66fb5a69.jpg

I just found these 4 configuration,
nothing says fcc or ce

Last edited:
any parameters value am I looking at? like 5v 2 amps or ?

0bc70175aefc3767938f1faa66fb5a69.jpg

I just found these 4 configuration,
nothing says fcc or ce
i got no idea i don't think it will be in Amps but in mW, is there any wording that relates to "power" or "tx", "rx", "GPS region variable" or "range" etc?

I bet the Sd just holds config files set by the user. The OS is probably solid state somewhere on the board soldered in place to prevent tampering

I bet the Sd just holds config files set by the user. The OS is probably solid state somewhere on the board soldered in place to prevent tampering
agreed, if only we could access that extra usb port on the butt of the mavic, we could probably change something

Reactions: Elliott
Its said that it contains the "flight recoreder" data aka black box which makes sense.
The FCC / CE stuff is said to be stored on the emmc in the form of Android App properties.

But thats heresay :)

Ender

Last edited:
It is not all heresay.
The mavic has been hacked and rooted and the max alt and nfz parameters modified or removed.
At the time the mavic was running android kitkat.

Its still kitkat.
It is not all heresay.
The mavic has been hacked and rooted and the max alt and nfz parameters modified or removed.
At the time the mavic was running android kitkat.
Are you refering to POV or is there another site / hint / link that you could provide, that would be great.
If not welcome here then please via PM.

I know coptersafe did that but they sell NFZ-free comercially so they wont share...

Ender

T=
Its still kitkat.

Are you refering to POV or is there another site / hint / link that you could provide, that would be great.
If not welcome here then please via PM.

I know coptersafe did that but they sell NFZ-free comercially so they wont share...

Ender

Yes, P0V.
I think this was back in december of last year. His thread was removed. I am not sure of the details of why.

edit.
removed by moderators under the request of DJI

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661