DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I found a SanDisk microSD card inside the Mavic.

BadBob

Reactions
I found a SanDisk microSD card inside the Mavic. It is a 4 gb 1 U4 card that looks to be holding the firm ware? Any one know if this could be up graded to a class 10 U3 so that the Mavic could think faster?IMG_0299.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Attachments

• IMG_0299.JPG
    IMG_0299.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 462
That stores the raw flight .DAT files.
I am not sure about using another SD card.

I found a SanDisk microSD card inside the Mavic. It is a 4 gb 1 U4 card that looks to be holding the firm ware? Any one know if this could be up graded to a class 10 U3 so that the Mavic could think faster?View attachment 7386

While you have access to that Micro SD card, could you please check with a card reader to see if there is a file named "PARM" on there? The PARM file has the limits such as maximum altitude, distance, etc. I was speculating that if one could change the values in the PARM file, it could increase the limits. Some people need greater than 500m altitude for flying up the sides of mountains.

Huh so this is that government regulatory chip every one has been scared of for years. I thought that was supposed to go on your forehead?

Reactions: Chris.K
They'll hide that succor any where I guess. Any ways I found the parm text file so what am I looking for for the 500 limit?

If you open that file with a text editor you will see data inside that looks like this:
<68.918525>(2-9)write go_home_height(40.000000) by hash sender:0x02
<80.538451>(2-10)[write_cfg_item_value_by_hash]-var_addr-"g_config.flying_limit.12"
------> <80.538574>(2-11)write fly_limit_height(500.000000) by hash sender:0x02 <-------
<99.018366>(2-12)[write_cfg_item_value_by_hash]-var_addr-"g_config.flying_limit.10"
<99.018448>(2-13)write fly_limit_distance(8000.000000) by hash sender:0x02

The "fly_limit_height(500.000000)..." is a 500m hard limit for altitude. My guess is that if one were to edit the file to make the limit higher, the altitude limit could be extended. I guess I'll need to pull mine apart sometime and see try editing it. For me, I don't need the limits changed, but for some people this would help a lot.

I carefully used a dental pick to massage the tiny nibs loose around the metal can. Be carefull

Every thing looks to be metric? No 500 seen. Only fly_limit_distance is distance set by me in go4 app for distance away in meters

If you open that file with a text editor you will see data inside that looks like this:
<68.918525>(2-9)write go_home_height(40.000000) by hash sender:0x02
<80.538451>(2-10)[write_cfg_item_value_by_hash]-var_addr-"g_config.flying_limit.12"
------> <80.538574>(2-11)write fly_limit_height(500.000000) by hash sender:0x02 <-------
<99.018366>(2-12)[write_cfg_item_value_by_hash]-var_addr-"g_config.flying_limit.10"
<99.018448>(2-13)write fly_limit_distance(8000.000000) by hash sender:0x02

The "fly_limit_height(500.000000)..." is a 500m hard limit for altitude. My guess is that if one were to edit the file to make the limit higher, the altitude limit could be extended. I guess I'll need to pull mine apart sometime and see try editing it. For me, I don't need the limits changed, but for some people this would help a lot.

I would also like to know if this work.

Every thing looks to be metric? No 500 seen. Only fly_limit_distance is distance set by me in go4 app for distance away in meters

Ok, perhaps that is not the hard limit in that case. This is just the parameter settings from app. Thank you for checking. I suppose it still could be the limit. It could be that the app does not let you set higher than 500m, but if one were to set that value to 5000.00000, perhaps the limit is extended. Unfortunately I would have no way to verify that as I don't a place to test the altitude limit.

While you have access to that Micro SD card, could you please check with a card reader to see if there is a file named "PARM" on there? The PARM file has the limits such as maximum altitude, distance, etc. I was speculating that if one could change the values in the PARM file, it could increase the limits. Some people need greater than 500m altitude for flying up the sides of mountains.

Good idea!

Come on folks. This could be huge. Someone change that height to be like 550 and give it a go outside. A quick trip straight up to see if it passes the 500M mark is not gonna harm anyone.
Just dont do it in a busy city area or something.

The internal SD card only holds the logs, not the firmware so there is nothing to hack. All DJI products have these inside, it is pretty well known. What is different is that it isn't glued in by the looks of that photo. Usually they have a ton of glue on em. Don't mess with it if you want to get any kind of warranty coverage.

Besides with a 5000m ceiling and a 4 mile one-way range, what more do you need?

Reactions: halley and Andrew F
Does anybody really think DJI would make it that simple?

It's Certainly worth a check but I doubt anything is going to happen. I suspect that the files values are already written into a memory chip during the initial factory programming. It's also possible that the file is written to the SD card by the internal firmware and DJI uses it as a quick check to make sure the firmware has not been tampered with by a direct hardware hack.

Reactions: Cyberpower678
Does anybody really think DJI would make it that simple?

It's Certainly worth a check but I doubt anything is going to happen. I suspect that the files values are already written into a memory chip during the initial factory programming. It's also possible that the file is written to the SD card by the internal firmware and DJI uses it as a quick check to make sure the firmware has not been tampered with by a direct hardware hack.
It's still worth a shot. I live in a very mountainous area, and being able to exceed 500m on occasion would be very useful.

However as for making the Mavic think faster, boosting the internal storage system speeds only boosts the load time at best. Moving aside the fact that the firmware is not stored on the chip, if you upgraded the speed, you only upgrade the reading and writing to chip. That is writing new settings, and new logs to the chip and reading the firmware from it on startup. The firmware is loaded into active volatile memory when in operation which have RW speeds that greatly exceed that of the fastest SD card anyway. So if you want to boost the speed of the computer, you would need to know what is causing the Mavic to operate at the current speed. I highly doubt the RAM is too slow, so it's most likely the processor that will need boosting to make it think faster, since it is what does the actual thinking.

Reactions: cjsecus
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929