DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

i got attached by a bird at 300 feet

it was a bird attack right. there is some shadows but u never really see the bird.

How is a bird supposed to grab a hold of the mavic with four props that cover the whole top surface area of the mavic? It would have sliced up the bird and made the mavic crash. All you had was a gimbal freak out. I have had this happen. The video looked exactly the same. The gimbal turns to the far right then looks up so it is seeing under the nose of the mavic. You lost altitude simply because you pulled down on the stick when you were looking around. I bet if you pulled the flight logs or did a play back in the app, you will see the stick move down at that time in the flight. It was not a bird.

How is a bird supposed to grab a hold of the mavic with four props that cover the whole top surface area of the mavic? It would have sliced up the bird and made the mavic crash. All you had was a gimbal freak out. I have had this happen. The video looked exactly the same. The gimbal turns to the far right then looks up so it is seeing under the nose of the mavic. You lost altitude simply because you pulled down on the stick when you were looking around. I bet if you pulled the flight logs or did a play back in the app, you will see the stick move down at that time in the flight. It was not a bird.

+1 wouldn't there have been feathers etc. flying around from the impact

There were scratch marks. Also im pretty sure i didnt touch the stick i was freaking out so i didnt touch anything

I want to figure it out but if someone can direct me to the flight logs and playback

There were scratch marks. Also im pretty sure i didnt touch the stick i was freaking out so i didnt touch anything
Those look like scuff marks, not scratches. Again, how is a bird going to scratch it in that location when the props cover that entire area?

So far only crows have come in for a look.....I haven't seen the local bald eagles or peregrine falcons and if/when I see them fly, I'll get out of the sky for a bit.....they're far better pilots and far more aggressive than I am....

For fun, put a little bird sticker on the side of the aircraft. When you get 5, you are an "ACE" in military terms.

Reactions: SMI and Big Jon
Attacked it did not really get attached like on a date? Ok so I guess you did not have a spotter watching the actual Mavic. Perhaps one reason they tell you not to just relay on the on-board camera

Reactions: SMI
ill put reflective tape on it. This is the 2nd bird attack in a week. the first time it just hit the mavic and kept going. this time it was an all out attack to take it back to its nest.
What kind of reflective tape? Orange, Green, White, Yellow ?? I have had hawks circle my MP but never attacked.

Anyone try strobe lights to deter birds? Airline pilot said that is what some commercial airlines use against bird strikes.

I have two extremely bright, flashing LED lights attached to my drone when i fly. I installed to help me find my mavic when I am at a fair distance and loose visual site after looking at the monitor. I wonder if it acts like a bird deterrent well. I have never been attacked and I fly a lot inside the Adirondacks, lots of aggressive birds here

Last edited:
Awesome! i was trying to track some geese today (Idaho) when i ran out of battery...ugh

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treknotika