DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I got scammed on Facebook

Glad it worked out. So many scams on FB Marketplace - esp in vehicles that I've noted. Never bought anything on it, so best to take extra caution in future.

If any red flags show up - best to walk away - even if a great deal.
I was stupid enough to fall for the "Pay me the shipping and I'll send it to you and you can pay for the item when you get it". I lost €20 to that scam. Never again. I have completely stopped trusting anyone really. I rarely buy used things anymore due to all the possible problems. I bought a bike a year ago for my son. It looked great but after a week, the problems started showing. Basically, it was trash. If I were to replace everything that was wrong with it, it would cost me the same as a new one so I got a new one.

I currently paraphrase Rick Harrison from Pawn Stars: "It's not that I don't trust you, I don't trust anyone".

FB Marketplace is FULL of scammers. If you want used goods, try eBay, at least they have the buyer protection. I have gotten my money back on occasion for faulty goods.

Hi, sorry for the very late reply but I wanted to ask because I'm in a similar situation. I got a used Air 2, and actually works great, flies great, and all that. I just can't bind it to my account because I bought it from Craigslist locally and the guy can't find a way to unbind it on his phone.

He says I can bring it back and I'll get money back, but I don't want to do so because it was an amazing deal ($400 for Air 2 Fly More Combo). But on the other hand, what bad can happen to me if I can never bind the drone to my account? What do you guys think? The guy doesn't communicate that well and he thought I was calling him a liar because I asked if someone else owned the drone before him.

Thank you in advance, I'm new here.

Glad you got your money back and thanks for sharing the cautionary tale with us. Can't be too careful these days.

I am in the middle of a Facebook Marketplace scam right now!
Basically sold a camera Astro Mount. Payment transferred into a holding bank according to received emails until proof of posting provided. Posted, supplied Tracking Number, never got the money!
Full report to Action Fraud and the Police where delivery was to be. Police have stopped delivery bless them, but now have to wait forever for it get sorted.
BEWARE Facebook Marketplace! There is no protection, can't even get hold of them!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu