DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I have a dead battery and basically DJI told me tough luck...

mavicoz

Reactions
So here's my short story. I bought my MP back in 2/2017 and it's only been flown a handful of times. As a matter of fact, I just check one of the battery cycle counts and its up to a whopping twelve cycles. As I said, I hardly get to fly the drone. So I decided to fly it today and one of my three batteries is unresponsive. It has no lights or anything when I attempt to charge it. Now for the record, I know these batteries aren't supposed to be put in storage with anything less than a 30% charge which I have always done faithfully.

So I chatted with DJI today and they basically told me I damaged the battery by letting it sit for too long without charging it at least once every three months. I was never aware that these batteries needed to be babysat every three months when they weren't being used. Had I known that, I would have done just that. The ironic thing is I bought all three batteries at the same time and they all sit in storage at the same time but only one battery has failed.

So I assume this makes me SOL with my battery issue and now I get to pay more money for something I rarely use. I know my issue might seem petty to some but I think this sucks considering how much I baby my MP with little use and much great care....

DJI only offer 6 months of warranty in batteries. You bought it in 2017... So is way over buddy.

fly more often!!!

I tell myself that all the time. I decided to fly today. I spent almost three hours between getting my MP packed up and of course with charging a couple batteries. I went outside to discover it was way too **** windy to fly safely so I decided to go back inside.

Now I remember why my Mavic Pro sits around so **** much.........

sounds like you wont really need that extra battery.
I dont get to fly much either, but i stay on top of the batteries anyway. So far so good.

So here's my short story. I bought my MP back in 2/2017 and it's only been flown a handful of times. As a matter of fact, I just check one of the battery cycle counts and its up to a whopping twelve cycles. As I said, I hardly get to fly the drone. So I decided to fly it today and one of my three batteries is unresponsive. It has no lights or anything when I attempt to charge it. Now for the record, I know these batteries aren't supposed to be put in storage with anything less than a 30% charge which I have always done faithfully.

So I chatted with DJI today and they basically told me I damaged the battery by letting it sit for too long without charging it at least once every three months. I was never aware that these batteries needed to be babysat every three months when they weren't being used. Had I known that, I would have done just that. The ironic thing is I bought all three batteries at the same time and they all sit in storage at the same time but only one battery has failed.

So I assume this makes me SOL with my battery issue and now I get to pay more money for something I rarely use. I know my issue might seem petty to some but I think this sucks considering how much I baby my MP with little use and much great care....

I have been buying the powerextra batteries and have been happy with them. Many others here as well. I was skeptical but went for it anyways. Here is a link to them. 1 year warranty. I have 17 flights on the one without any problems.

*edit here is a youtube clip where I am doing everything I can in sport mode to get them to fail.

Powerextra Batteries https://amzn.to/2yctTVL
Powerextra Battery 2 pack https://amzn.to/2y8NtlC

Reactions: Palliz
Yep I switched over to Powerextra batteries after 4 of my DI batteries swelled up ( even after nursing them ) Never regretted the switch - Powerextra are exactly that EXTRA!

Yep I switched over to Powerextra batteries after 4 of my DI batteries swelled up ( even after nursing them ) Never regretted the switch - Powerextra are exactly that EXTRA!

Good Man! I hear some folks talking trash about them but I have over 10 flights now without problems.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karajovic