DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I have a question about tablets

BillyBlast01

Reactions
I have used the search and I found ipads and Android tablets listed. I am leaning towards the IPad mini 4 to use with my Mavic Pro platinum. My question is which in your opinion is the better tablet for the price? Keep in mind I am a disabled Army Vet and I'm retired and I am on a fixed income but I don't want to but something that dosent work properly. Also I've read that it is better to get one with wifi and cellular unlocked. What is your opinion on that?

I have used the search and I found ipads and Android tablets listed. I am leaning towards the IPad mini 4 to use with my Mavic Pro platinum. My question is which in your opinion is the better tablet for the price?
There are good Apple and Android tablets for flying.
You can see what others have found to be good here:
Also I've read that it is better to get one with wifi and cellular unlocked. What is your opinion on that?
It's not important at all.
Apple confuse people by only including a GPS receiver in their cellular capable iPads.
But having a GPS receiver in your tablet isn't important.
The drone has a GPS receiver that it uses for all flight functions.

I have used my iPad Mini 4 on both the Mavic Pro and now the Mavic 2 Pro. It's wifi only with 128GB size. For internet, I just turn on my iPhone 6S hotspot and everything works great, plus the iPad fits nicely into the controller.

Reactions: BillyBlast01
I've been using the iPad Mini 5 with my Mavic 2 Zoom and Inspire 2. It's been an awesome upgrade to my flying. I got the smallest storage option since I don't plan on using it for more than a monitor for drone use and occasional content consumption while traveling. If I need internet access I use the hotspot on my cell phone.

I have used the search and I found ipads and Android tablets listed. I am leaning towards the IPad mini 4 to use with my Mavic Pro platinum. My question is which in your opinion is the better tablet for the price? Keep in mind I am a disabled Army Vet and I'm retired and I am on a fixed income but I don't want to but something that dosent work properly. Also I've read that it is better to get one with wifi and cellular unlocked. What is your opinion on that?
The mini fits into the controller. I use a regular ipad with a holder and works awesome. You dont need the ipad with data only wifi

The mini fits into the controller. I use a regular ipad with a holder and works awesome. You dont need the ipad with data only wifi
Hey Scooped thanks for the info. I have a holder ordered now and I was looking at the larger IPad. The eyes are not what they used to be. I am also looking at the IPad Mini too. I will be getting something within the next month or so. In the meantime my Samsung Galaxy J 7 Sky Pro android works so I'm good for now and this gives me the time I need to make a decision on what tablet to get.

Reactions: pelagic_one
DJI apps in my experience tend to run a little smoother on the Apple IOS than the Android. But the Android should work fine. I wouldn't worry about cellular, maybe just a hotspot if you need it it like what was mentioned above.

DJI apps in my experience tend to run a little smoother on the Apple IOS than the Android. But the Android should work fine. I wouldn't worry about cellular, maybe just a hotspot if you need it it like what was mentioned above.
Hey FDS. I heard from one of my Army buddies that lives in St Pete today. He told me what the Governor is doing there. Sounds a bit like here. We are not that locked down yet but it's coming.
Thanks for the info. I use Straight Talk and I have used them for years and they forbid doing hotspot. I will as I told you be moving back that way in the future and that's another reason to figure out what tablet and phone to use. I need a service that will work great there too.

Hey Scooped thanks for the info. I have a holder ordered now and I was looking at the larger IPad. The eyes are not what they used to be. I am also looking at the IPad Mini too. I will be getting something within the next month or so. In the meantime my Samsung Galaxy J 7 Sky Pro android works so I'm good for now and this gives me the time I need to make a decision on what tablet to get.
No worries. I bought the regular iPad as it is quite a bit cheaper and works just fine. Here is a video I have put together.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J