DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I have the Mavic Pro with the firmware being V01.04.0400 can someone please tell me the restritions that come along with it

Hi Brett. Success. Was able to get in and change the parameters for slowing down the yaw speeds and more. Can't wait to see how this will (it surely should) smooth out my video. REALLY appreciate you "walking" me through this.

Excellent! My pleasure! Please let me know what you think!

I just did this recently and it’s a long process. You have to downgrade to 01.04.0300 then downgrade to 01.03.0700 twice. You can then updgrade to the custom 01.04.0300 and have the best of both worlds. Nolimitdrones.com basically uses the free tools to do this but package it in a user friendly way for $35 lifetime membership for the drone.

You can do it for free it’s just a multi step process using DUMLdore. Just follow the directions and if it says “DON’T TURN OFF THE DEVICE!” then bloody don’t turn off the drone!!!!

I'm running 01.04.0300 right now but I can't see an option to downgrade to 01.03.0700, only to 01.04.0100, do I need a special version of DJI Assistant ? Also once that's done, how do you upload that custom firmware ?

Finally I've patched 01.04.0300 using jkson5/jkson_fcc_mod so if the modded FW is the latest I suppose it can't be applied (patch works up to 01.04.0300) ?

Thanks !

I'm running 01.04.0300 right now but I can't see an option to downgrade to 01.03.0700, only to 01.04.0100, do I need a special version of DJI Assistant ? Also once that's done, how do you upload that custom firmware ?

Finally I've patched 01.04.0300 using jkson5/jkson_fcc_mod so if the modded FW is the latest I suppose it can't be applied (patch works up to 01.04.0300) ?

Thanks !

This is a clean copy of 01.03.0700 1)download it

2) Connect mavic to computer and turn on mavic

3) open dumldore and load the file I’ve attached above

4) click “flash firmware” in dumldore.

5) this process is likely to take some time. If dumldore says not to power off the mavic then DO NOT power off the dang Mavic even if it seems like the program has frozen! Let dumldore do it’s thing which it is very good at.

6) at the end dumldore will tell you it’s ok to power down the device. Close dumldore and restart the device.

7) once it’s back on open dumldore again and it will tell you the current firmware version at the bottom. It typically takes at least two tries to go from 01.04.0300 to 01.03.0700 because it's a big downgrade.

8) once you have it successfully downgraded to 01.03.0700 you can now do the same process to upgrade to the custom firmware that is earlier in this thread. This upgrade will probably take longer than the downgrade, just be patient and let it do it’s thing. Again it usually requires 2 attempts to fully upgrade to the custom firmware but if dumldore says you are back on 01.04.0300 then no need to do it again.

You can then redo the FCC mod and it will work because it is compatible with the custom firmware.

I just bought a mavic 2 zoom. I did all the updates. :/

Does that mean I just crippled the thing? I haven't gone our to fly since I'm in a area where no drones are allowed.

I just bought a mavic 2 zoom. I did all the updates. :/

Does that mean I just crippled the thing? I haven't gone our to fly since I'm in a area where no drones are allowed.

No this discussion about downgrading and upgrading with custom firmware only applies to the Mavic Pro. Unfortunately there’s no confirmed way to disable altitude and geozone restrictions on the Mavic 2 yet(getting close).

You can still follow the instructions on Modifying parameters post but if you try to disable the alitittude and geozones you’ll see those parameters don’t exist on the Mavic 2

Reactions: Jason_M
Here's a little motivation for ya! This maybe the best example of my high altitude flight. I try real hard to give a sense of scale but I don't think it does it justice. At the very end that decent is 400x fast forward and I decend about 3000'. In case you were wondering though I was always within 400' of ground ?. Just maybe not in the way most people think of it lol.
I have very often the same problem with altitude limits in my region (canyons, cliffs and mountain peaks). I like very much your video which IMHO had deserved a Litchi waypoint mission for smoother transitions. Talking about Litchi, if you know some trick to program lower than -200m altitude... (?)

Reactions: brett8883
I have very often the same problem with altitude limits in my region (canyons, cliffs and mountain peaks). I like very much your video which IMHO had deserved a Litchi waypoint mission for smoother transitions. Talking about Litchi, if you know some trick to program lower than -200m altitude... (?)

That’s the problem you can’t make waypoints above a certain height. Still working on that. Is this what you are asking about? And yes I agree some of the transitions are bad and not as smooth as they should be but I have since come up a hack for that too

I noticed It won't take off if the b4youfly app has a restriction due to a baseball game. Didn't do that last time I flew. You can bypass it by entering a your phone number and agree to have your drone ID sent to dji.

I noticed It won't take off if the b4youfly app has a restriction due to a baseball game. Didn't do that last time I flew. You can bypass it by entering a your phone number and agree to have your drone ID sent to dji.

Right that’s my point. Who elected DJI to enforce laws. You know all those robo callers that call 10 times a day? You wanna know how they got your phone number? Never give your phone number to someone unless you’d give them your SSN because that’s what it is these days

BTW just because you can bypass it doesn’t mean you should. TFZ are no joke.

If you want men in black suits showing up in black sedans asking if you are “for team America” or not then flying in a TFZ is a great way to do it

Reactions: charliesRig
Oh my goodness I don't think I could ever see myself flying my drone that high
I know I've seen a lot of videos but it's very dangerous to all of the air traffic that is up above in that area
Like it's been said many times on many YouTube videos on this subject that once you get past a certain height there's really nothing to see and nothing is Defined
It does make for some cool shots but the possible damage that could be inflicted is not worth it at all to me
And as for no fly zones I have not encountered any alerts or Warnings
But then again this part of Scarborough is wide open it has no fly zones to the east of me and west of me
And is clear all the way from the lake all the way up to Lake Simcoe
I use airmap quite a lot
I'm kind of a chicken the highest altitude that I have achieved has being 400 feet

The FAA rule is 400 feet AGL, or above ground level; therefore, in mountainous terrain for example, you could fly 4000 feet above your take off point and still be legal because you are still flying less than 400 feet above ground level, say flying up a slope or up the bottom of a steep canyon.

I m getting ready to fly vertically about 1000 feet up a canyon to photograph an old mine shaft entrance or cave. That having been said, I will never be more 350 feet AGL or above a ridge I will follow. The whole flight will be completely legal the whole time.

This will blow the mind of any flat-lander.
o_O?

BTW just because you can bypass it doesn’t mean you should. TFZ are no joke.

If you want men in black suits showing up in black sedans asking if you are “for team America” or not then flying in a TFZ is a great way to do it

Live in fear instigated by a corporation in China. Excellent philosophy. The FAA controls the TFZ airspace, not China.

There is a reason why some "XYZ" LE agencies cannot use DJI drones.

Live in fear instigated by a corporation in China. Excellent philosophy. The FAA controls the TFZ airspace, not China.

DJI airspace maps do not match FAA airspace or rules. Period.

That’s honestly my exact point. A TFR is a temporary no fly zone and they are there for some actual specific reason. What I am saying is if you have the correct authorization from your local regulator then you don’t need DJIs permission.

What I was saying there is just because you are now physically able to fly there doesn’t mean you have the correct authorization. Here in the US there is currently no process to get authorization for a TFR zone. You aren’t allowed to fly there legally ever.

As far as men and black suits rolling up look at this guy who flew over a baseball stadium when there was a TFR in place. You don’t think once they figure out who he is that he isn’t gonna get a knock on the door or at the very least a letter from the FAA? If it was a presidential TFR then he definitely would.

I am not advocating for breaking the law I hope you aren’t either. That’s not the purpose for me sharing this at all

Apologies if this is a stupid question but I purchased a new Mavic 2 Zoom and I have been getting a message saying " A precise fly safe update is required, please update as soon as possible..ignore or update now" .. I did this on my Spark as I'm in a No fly zone & it became non functional. DJI have since given me a limited ability to fly the Spark but it has an expiry date of 12 months. With the brand new Mavic I have been selecting "ignore". I'm only interested in flying around fence line height in my own backyard but not keen to be asking DJI for an exemption. As the Mavic Pro 2 Zoom has a build date of September 2018 it's asking to update the firmware and the no fly zone database is not active at this point. Will updating the firmware automatically update the Precise fly safe database? Is it the same thing?

Apologies if this is a stupid question but I purchased a new Mavic 2 Zoom and I have been getting a message saying " A precise fly safe update is required, please update as soon as possible..ignore or update now" .. I did this on my Spark as I'm in a No fly zone & it became non functional. DJI have since given me a limited ability to fly the Spark but it has an expiry date of 12 months. With the brand new Mavic I have been selecting "ignore". I'm only interested in flying around fence line height in my own backyard but not keen to be asking DJI for an exemption. As the Mavic Pro 2 Zoom has a build date of September 2018 it's asking to update the firmware and the no fly zone database is not active at this point. Will updating the firmware automatically update the Precise fly safe database? Is it the same thing?

There’s a fly safe database on the mavic 2 as well as the app so updating the firmware will update the flysafe on the mavic. Continue to ignore the flysafe update. BTW the firmware downgrading we have talked about in this thread won’t work of the Mavic 2 as of yet just fyi

There’s a fly safe database on the mavic 2 as well as the app so updating the firmware will update the flysafe on the mavic. Continue to ignore the flysafe update. BTW the firmware downgrading we have talked about in this thread won’t work of the Mavic 2 as of yet just fyi
Thanks Brett. You answered that question. Much appreciated. Wasn't sure whether the Geo fencing was the DJI Go 4 app issue or the actual drone or both. Thank you for answering.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty