DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I have the Mavic Pro with the firmware being V01.04.0400 can someone please tell me the restritions that come along with it

After 01.03.0700 the only updates to the flight controller were to remove the altitude limit and NFZ limit OPTIONS. So in the more recent updates you cannot turn the altitude limit or NFZ limits OFF and that is the only difference with the flight controller.

However, there were changes to the other aspects of the firmware the most conspicuous if these was the addition of the Quickshots function and some other minor updates none of which have anything to do with flight performance.

So with the custom firmware you keep the flight controller from 01.03.0700 but then all the other features are upgraded. Another benefit to this is as far as the DJI Go 4 app is concerned it is the latest firmware so it’s not going to be bugging you to update.

This “custom firmware” is also known as a “mixed firmware” version because it picks and chooses the the best parts of different firmware versions.

Again it’s important to downgrade to 01.03.0700 before using the custom firmware because it upgrades all the parts of the firmware except the Flight Controller. Not downgrading first is pointless
hi I know this is very very late and not sure anyone will get this but I've just begun to learn of custom firmware and stuff. i was able to downgrade to 01.03.0700 but from what I've read I think I'm understanding that there is a firmware i can flash that will allow me to edit parameters and ill still have access to the newer dji go features. if i understand right then where would i find this firmware and if I'm wrong is there anyway to remove the limits while keeping the features not available in this older firmware. there are features missing from this firmware right?

thanks for all of the help this forum has already provided and any you still have to give

hi I know this is very very late and not sure anyone will get this but I've just begun to learn of custom firmware and stuff. i was able to downgrade to 01.03.0700 but from what I've read I think I'm understanding that there is a firmware i can flash that will allow me to edit parameters and ill still have access to the newer dji go features. if i understand right then where would i find this firmware and if I'm wrong is there anyway to remove the limits while keeping the features not available in this older firmware. there are features missing from this firmware right?

thanks for all of the help this forum has already provided and any you still have to give
Forget the 01.03.0700 thing. We are way past that now.

There are two different routes that would be the modern way to do it.

Drone-Hacks.com | by thinkAwesome is the paid version that doesn’t give you any more than they free way but it’s more polished and is as close to a one click thing you can get and they offer support.

Is the free route. It’s not as sexy as the paid version and I don’t offer any support but it’s all there.

Reactions: Christianpeso
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom