DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I have the Mavic Pro with the firmware being V01.04.0400 can someone please tell me the restritions that come along with it

After 01.03.0700 the only updates to the flight controller were to remove the altitude limit and NFZ limit OPTIONS. So in the more recent updates you cannot turn the altitude limit or NFZ limits OFF and that is the only difference with the flight controller.

However, there were changes to the other aspects of the firmware the most conspicuous if these was the addition of the Quickshots function and some other minor updates none of which have anything to do with flight performance.

So with the custom firmware you keep the flight controller from 01.03.0700 but then all the other features are upgraded. Another benefit to this is as far as the DJI Go 4 app is concerned it is the latest firmware so it’s not going to be bugging you to update.

This “custom firmware” is also known as a “mixed firmware” version because it picks and chooses the the best parts of different firmware versions.

Again it’s important to downgrade to 01.03.0700 before using the custom firmware because it upgrades all the parts of the firmware except the Flight Controller. Not downgrading first is pointless
Thanks Brett! Now I have to get the nerve up to flash my bird.

Reactions: brett8883
Thanks Brett! Now I have to get the nerve up to flash my bird.

Here's a little motivation for ya! This maybe the best example of my high altitude flight. I try real hard to give a sense of scale but I don't think it does it justice. At the very end that decent is 400x fast forward and I decend about 3000'. In case you were wondering though I was always within 400' of ground ?. Just maybe not in the way most people think of it lol.

Last edited:
Here's a little motivation for ya! This maybe the best example of my high altitude flight. I try real hard to give a sense of scale but I don't think it does it justice. At the very end that decent is 400x fast forward and I decend about 3000'. In case you were wondering though I was always within 400' of ground ?. Just maybe not in the way most people think of it lol.
Brett, Looks great! I did it!! Took a little try try again but I am running the 01.04.0300 Modified. I guess I should have ask. What mods are there? Anything I might not have expected? Thanks again for your help!!

Brett, Looks great! I did it!! Took a little try try again but I am running the 01.04.0300 Modified. I guess I should have ask. What mods are there? Anything I might not have expected? Thanks again for your help!!

Great work! Now you are free(almost) from the DJI overlords! Now you can go in and change some parameters!

Next steps:
1) Download Assistant 2 v1.1.2 for Mac or PC respectfully. Note: if you have another version of Assistant 2 already on your computer uninstall it before installing 1.1.2.

2) Then once you have it installed search your computer for a folder called program files.

3) Open program files and then find and open DJI product folder. Then open assistant 2 folder. Then open the folder appfiles.

4)Inside the appfiles folder folder there is a document called main.js right click on that file and then go down to “properties”

5) In the properties menu there is a sub menu called security click that. You will then want to give yourself permission to edit the file or full control.

6) Click apply. And done

7) This time click that main.js file to open it, windows will ask you what program you’d like to open it in choose notepad.

8) Once you have the file open in notepad ctrl f on the keyboard to pull up the search bar.

Steps 9 and 10 are different on Mac and PC. I will indicate this.

PC 9) Search for opendevtools. It will take you to a line that says

//OpenDevTools

PC 10) Delete the // so it just says

OpenDevTools

Mac9) search for opendevtools. It will take you to a line that says

//mainWindow.webContents.openDevTools()

Mac10) delete the // at the beginning so the line says

mainWindow.webContents.openDevTools()

11) Click file and save the document.

12) Now connect the Mavic to your computer using the USB cable and turn it on.

13) Open Assistant 2. When you open it you will first see the developer menu and one of the options on the screen says

debug 0

Change that 0 to a 1 and hit enter. Now X out of the dev menu.

14) You’ll see the Mavic there click it to enter.

You will see that you’ve unlocked Assistant 2 and if you ever used it before you’ll see that there are a bunch of menus on the side now in fact you have to scroll to see then all.

15) Near the bottom is one that says “parameters” click that. You’ll now see all the parameters for the Mavic and there are hundreds. Luckily there’s a search bar.

Now the fun part!

Short list of some Parameter Modifications

height removal

To remove height restrictions completly search for each of these parameters and change them as follows. (Note: these parameters for height limitations will be blanked out if you did not downgrade to v01.03.0700 that’s why you had to do that step)

g_config_flying_limit_height_limit_enabled = 2

g_config_flying_limit_limit_height_abs_without_gps =10000

g_config_flying_limit_limit_height_abs = 10000

g_config_flying_limit_limit_height_rel = 10000

flight area restriction removal
To remove geozone restrictions from DJI(doesn’t mean you can legally fly anywhere it just means you don’t have to ask DJI for permission let’s be clear) (Note: these parameters for “flight area restrictions” will be blanked out if you did not downgrade to v01.03.0700 that’s why you had to do that step)

g_config_airport_limit_cfg_cfg_disable_airport_fly_limit = 1

g_config_airport_limit_cfg_cfg_limit_data = 20250910

g_config_airport_limit_cfg_cfg_search_radius = 2

g_config_airport_limit_cfg_cfg_enable[FLY_LIMIT_TYPE_SPECIAL] =1

There are lots of other cool things you can do like change the max speed of the Mavic in Sport mode (note: all remaining parameters below are availible to be changed on all firmware versions including the current stock firmwares. If you don’t care about removing height limits or NFZ limits but want the parameter changes below you don’t need to downgrade or use the custom firmware talked about earlier in this thread)

Sport+ (Faster sport mode)
g_config_mode_sport_cfg_tilt_atti_range = 50
(this increases the top speed and overall acceleration in sport mode)

g_config_mode_sport_cfg_vert_vel_up = 8
(This increases the ascend speed in sport mode to 8 meters per second)

g_config_mode_sport_cfg_vert_vel_down = -8
(this increases the decent speed in sport mode to 8 m/s)

g_config_mode_sport_cfg_vert_acc_up = 8
(This increases the acceleration of the ascent speed)

g_config_mode_sport_cfg_vert_acc_down = 8
(This increases the acceration of the decent speed in sport mode)

Or increase your RTH speed

gohome speed
g_config_go_home_gohome_idle_vel = 13
(this increases the RTH speed to 13 m/s)

And lots more but I think I’ve given you enough work for one night. Here is a list of commonly modified parameters and what they do. I have lots more I’ve been working on and will release them in new threads.

One cool feature of Assistant 2 is the flight simulator. Whatis unique about the simulator in Assistant 2 is that it actually uses the flight controller of YOUR drone to determine how you sim drone flies. You can use it to fly around virtually with your new modified parameters to give yourself confidence that nothing you did messed with the drones ability to fly properly. If there’s gonna be a problem it will show up in the simulator and not in real life. You can always hit the “reset all factory settings” button to put all parameters back to original defaults if you need to.

Sorry for the long message but I wanted to be as through and clear as possible let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited:
Great work! Now you are free(almost) from the DJI overlords! Now you can go in and change some parameters!

Next steps:
Download Assistant 2 v1.1.2 for Mac or PC respectfully. Note: if you have another version of Assistant 2 already on your computer uninstall it before installing 1.1.2.

Then once you have it installed search your computer for a folder called program files.

Open program files and then find and open DJI product folder. Then open assistant 2 folder

Inside the assistant to folder there is a document called main.js

right click on that file and then go down to properties

In the properties menu there is a sub menu called security click that. You will then want to give yourself permission to edit the file or full control.

Click apply. And done

This time click that main.js file to open it, windows will ask you what program you’d like to open it in choose notepad.

Once you have the file open in notepad ctrl f on the keyboard to pull up the search bar.

Search for opendevtools. It will take you to a line that says

//OpenDevTools

Delete the // so it just says

OpenDevTools

Click file and save the document.

Now connect the Mavic to your computer using the USB cable and turn it on.

Open Assistant 2. When you open it you will first see the developer menu and one of the options on the screen says

debug| 0

You’ll see the Mavic there click it to enter.
You will see that you’ve unlocked Assistant 2 and if you ever used it before you’ll see that there are a bunch of menus on the side now in fact you have to scroll to see then all.

Near the bottom is one that says “parameters” click that. You’ll now see all the parameters for the Mavic and there are hundreds. Luckily there’s a search bar.

Now the fun part!

To remove height restrictions completly search for each of these parameters and change them as follows.

height removal

To remove geozone restrictions from DJI(doesn’t mean you can legally fly anywhere it just means you don’t have to ask DJI for permission let’s be clear)

There are lots of other cool things you can do like change the max speed of the Mavic in Sport mode

sport+

gohome speed

And lots more but I think I’ve given you enough work for one night. Here is a list of commonly modified parameters and what they do. I have lots more I’ve been working on and will release them in new threads.

One cool feature of Assistant 2 is the flight simulator. What unique is that it actually uses the flight controller if YOUR drone to determine how you sim drone flies. You can use it to fly around virtually with your new modified parameters to give yourself confidence that nothing you did messed with the drones ability to fly properly. If there’s gonna be a problem it will show up in the simulator and not in real life. You can always hit the “reset all factory settings” button to put all parameters back to original defaults if you need to.

Sorry for the long message but I wanted to be as through and clear as possible let me know if you have any questions!
This is great. So do I need to hook my Mavic up to my computer when I am making these changes on the Assistant?

Yes you do.
Hello again Brett. So I went through the steps you set out to change the edit permissions for the main.js file. I make the edit to the //OpenDevTools so that it reads OpenDevTools. I then try to save it and am prevented from doing so because I am not the administrator (I actually am) or must contact the developer of the file. What I am doing wrong here?

Hello again Brett. So I went through the steps you set out to change the edit permissions for the main.js file. I make the edit to the //OpenDevTools so that it reads OpenDevTools. I then try to save it and am prevented from doing so because I am not the administrator (I actually am) or must contact the developer of the file. What I am doing wrong here?

You didn’t do steps 4, 5, and 6 properly
4)Inside the assistant 2 folder there is a document called main.js right click on that file and then go down to “properties”

5) In the properties menu there is a sub menu called security click that. You will then want to give yourself permission to edit the file or full control.

6) Click apply. And done

You didn’t do steps 4, 5, and 6 properly
Hi again Brett
So I figured out the security clearance. Now, when I open the Main.js file in Notepad here's what appears:

How precisely do I edit this section to allow me to adjust the stick settings?
Sorry about the repeated replies to you from a real novice with respect to editing code...
Walt

Actually @Walt you must be doing this on a Mac. I will update my steps above for Mac but on a mac delete the // from the very last line in your picture so it looks like.

}
})
if(!debug) mainWindow.setMenu(null)
mainWindow.setMenuBarVisibility(false)
mainWindow.loadURL('file://' + __dirname + '/app.asar/index.html')
//Open the DevTools.

-then press file save

Last edited:

Next steps:
1) Download Assistant 2 v1.1.2 for Mac or PC respectfully. Note: if you have another version of Assistant 2 already on your computer uninstall it before installing 1.1.2.

2) Then once you have it installed search your computer for a folder called program files.

3) Open program files and then find and open DJI product folder. Then open assistant 2 folder

4)Inside the assistant 2 folder there is a document called main.js right click on that file and then go down to “properties”

6) Click apply. And done

7) This time click that main.js file to open it, windows will ask you what program you’d like to open it in choose notepad.

8) Once you have the file open in notepad ctrl f on the keyboard to pull up the search bar.

Steps 9 and 10 are different on Mac and PC. I will indicate this.

PC 9) Search for opendevtools. It will take you to a line that says

//OpenDevTools

PC 10) Delete the // so it just says

OpenDevTools

Mac9) search for opendevtools. It will take you to a line that says

//mainWindow.webContents.openDevTools()

Mac10) delete the // at the beginning so the line says

11) Click file and save the document.

12) Now connect the Mavic to your computer using the USB cable and turn it on.

13) Open Assistant 2. When you open it you will first see the developer menu and one of the options on the screen says

debug 0

14) You’ll see the Mavic there click it to enter.

15) Near the bottom is one that says “parameters” click that. You’ll now see all the parameters for the Mavic and there are hundreds. Luckily there’s a search bar.

Now the fun part!

Short list of some Parameter Modifications

height removal

To remove height restrictions completly search for each of these parameters and change them as follows. (Note: these parameters for height limitations will be blanked out if you did not downgrade to v01.03.0700 that’s why you had to do that step)

To remove geozone restrictions from DJI(doesn’t mean you can legally fly anywhere it just means you don’t have to ask DJI for permission let’s be clear) (Note: these parameters for “flight area restrictions” will be blanked out if you did not downgrade to v01.03.0700 that’s why you had to do that step)

There are lots of other cool things you can do like change the max speed of the Mavic in Sport mode (note: all remaining parameters below are availible to be changed on all firmware versions including the current stock firmwares. If you don’t care about removing height limits or NFZ limits but want the parameter changes below you don’t need to downgrade or use the custom firmware talked about earlier in this thread)

Sport+ (Faster sport mode)
(this increases the top speed and overall acceleration in sport mode)

(This increases the ascend speed in sport mode to 8 meters per second)

(this increases the decent speed in sport mode to 8 m/s)

(This increases the acceleration of the ascent speed)

(This increases the acceration of the decent speed in sport mode)

gohome speed
(this increases the RTH speed to 13 m/s)

One cool feature of Assistant 2 is the flight simulator. Whatis unique about the simulator in Assistant 2 is that it actually uses the flight controller of YOUR drone to determine how you sim drone flies. You can use it to fly around virtually with your new modified parameters to give yourself confidence that nothing you did messed with the drones ability to fly properly. If there’s gonna be a problem it will show up in the simulator and not in real life. You can always hit the “reset all factory settings” button to put all parameters back to original defaults if you need to.

Is there any need to update the controller? Also are there any mods to the firmware I got from you or is it stock 01.04.0300? Thanks for all you input!

Actually @Walt you must be doing this on a Mac. I will update my steps above for Mac but on a mac delete the // from the very last line in your picture so it looks like.

}
})
if(!debug) mainWindow.setMenu(null)
mainWindow.setMenuBarVisibility(false)
mainWindow.loadURL('file://' + __dirname + '/app.asar/index.html')
//Open the DevTools.

-then press file save
Good morning Brett. Will give this a try and let you know if it works!

Is there any need to update the controller? Also are there any mods to the firmware I got from you or is it stock 01.04.0300? Thanks for all you input!

The actual RC firmware doesn’t change but the benefit to updating is that DJI Go 4 won’t bug you that your firmwares are mismatched.

That custom 01.04.0300 is a mixed firmware of stock 01.03.0700 and 01.04.0300. So there are no modifications with the way the drone behaves until you make those changes. Does that make sense? You have to change the parameters as I explained how to do in this post above. Until you do those steps the behavior of your drone won’t change.

Good morning Brett. Will give this a try and let you know if it works!
Hello again Brett
I am making progress. I arrive at the step where you say I should change the debug = 0 to debug = 1.
Here's the screen I am looking at:
Am I at the right place (the line beginning <! - - div class....debug == 0"> and if so, how do I make the edit?
Surely appreciate your patience and willingness to walk me and others through this.

Reactions: Jason_M
Hello again Brett
I am making progress. I arrive at the step where you say I should change the debug = 0 to debug = 1.
Here's the screen I am looking at:
View attachment 69010
Am I at the right place (the line beginning <! - - div class....debug == 0"> and if so, how do I make the edit?
Surely appreciate your patience and willingness to walk me and others through this.
You are real close! At the top menu bar click the >> button next to where it says “profiles”. This will show you a couple more options.

Click “resources” and then on the side bar you’ll see “local storage” open that.

Then choose file://

You’ll now see the debug! 69012

Reactions: Jason_M
The actual RC firmware doesn’t change but the benefit to updating is that DJI Go 4 won’t bug you that your firmwares are mismatched.

That custom 01.04.0300 is a mixed firmware of stock 01.03.0700 and 01.04.0300. So there are no modifications with the way the drone behaves until you make those changes. Does that make sense? You have to change the parameters as I explained how to do in this post above. Until you do those steps the behavior of your drone won’t change.
So what I think i understand is that since I flashed the "special" 0300 firmware I got from you to my bird I dont need to do anything to the RC and performance will be the same until I change the parameters?

You are real close! At the top menu bar click the >> button next to where it says “profiles”. This will show you a couple more options.

Click “resources” and then on the side bar you’ll see “local storage” open that.

Then choose file://

You’ll now see the debug! View attachment 69012
Hi Brett. Success. Was able to get in and change the parameters for slowing down the yaw speeds and more. Can't wait to see how this will (it surely should) smooth out my video. REALLY appreciate you "walking" me through this.

• Love
Right, let’s separate your question into two parts

I dont need to do anything to the RC

Yes that’s correct, your remote is on 01.04.0500 because that’s what you were on before you started my process. That’s actually how I have my mine set up too. I could flash my remote to 01.04.0300 to match the firmware of the AC but I don’t find any reason to. The remote’s firmware doesn’t matter.
So what I think i understand is that since I flashed the "special" 0300 firmware I got from you to my... performance will be the same until I change the parameters?

Yes before you will notice any changes, you will need to change parameters.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest