DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I haven't used my Pro in a while and I'm going to get it out again, but how?

davidkmcw

Reactions
Hi guys, I hope this hasn't been covered elsewhere so please bear with me. I haven't turned on my Mavic Pro in a couple of years and I'm wondering how I get the thing running again. the hardware is fine, but I used to use my Android based Google Pixel to control and while I have an older model still kicking around somewhere, my current phone is a Pixel 7 Pro. I seem to recall that there was an issue with the DJI Go app with Android 12, is this still an issue? Looking for any advice or pointers? If this is the wrong forum, I'll apologise in advance. Thanks

Reactions: LoudThunder
If you haven't yet touched your MP + accessories that have been laying unused for several years I would first of all worry about the state of all the batteries. LiPo batteries are perishable goods & doesn't like being unused & if they have been laying for that long not charged to nominal voltage & not checked regularly... the craft batteries & RC battery might very well be toast by now.

Then the app ... for the MP you don't use the DJI GO app, you need the DJI GO4 app & you can't get it on the Google Play store anymore, you need to go here --> DJI GO 4 - Download Center - DJI & download it & sideload it to your phone. Once installed you will see if it works on your Pixel 7 Pro.

One more thing. Do you remember the turn on sequence for the batteries? I’ve seen a few posts where that has been an issue.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Edited... I just realized that this posting almost a year old... But what the hey...

Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mavic Pro, including the User Manual and all the downloads and documents available for it...

After you read the Manual, read it again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

Mavic Pro - Download Center - DJI

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots