DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I just bought a TK102 GPS tracker

I believe there are a couple different versions of this TK102, I think it comes down to one of the chips inside. One of them is a clone and one is original. I bought 2 of them at 2 different times from 2 different vendors, they were even packaged differently. But the one works awesome, every time and unit goes into low power mode, battery lasts 5 days, it has a way to call it and listen in, you can text it several diferent commands, and it works perfect. Now the other one, wich looks identicle exept for the packaging and one of the chips, does not work every time, battery dies in 1 day, does not have as many text commands, basicaly a pile of junk. But the other one works great, you can text it to check status, it replies with a google map link of where it is, battey level, and all sorts of other data. You can text it to continue sending its location if its moved, also tells speed, and much more, been using it for a couple of years.

Reactions: Bala
The other version I believe is the TK202.
Look better than most, but I’m happy with my Marco Polo. Battery lasts weeks distance is fine. Lighter and smaller, mount goes on the arm and landing gear.

Reactions: Inspirephil
I believe there are a couple different versions of this TK102, I think it comes down to one of the chips inside. One of them is a clone and one is original. I bought 2 of them at 2 different times from 2 different vendors, they were even packaged differently. But the one works awesome, every time and unit goes into low power mode, battery lasts 5 days, it has a way to call it and listen in, you can text it several diferent commands, and it works perfect. Now the other one, wich looks identicle exept for the packaging and one of the chips, does not work every time, battery dies in 1 day, does not have as many text commands, basicaly a pile of junk. But the other one works great, you can text it to check status, it replies with a google map link of where it is, battey level, and all sorts of other data. You can text it to continue sending its location if its moved, also tells speed, and much more, been using it for a couple of years.
The real one is made by Rewire Security. It's excellent and only cost the price of a text when you want co-ordinates. Battery life is also great. Works perfectly. All others are clones.

You can use velcro but Ive got a 3D printed bracket that snaps over the back legs
Can you please send me the link/address where I can purchase the 3D bracket?
Is there anyone who sells the bracket for the Mavic 2 series? And I don’t have a 3D printer so is there someone who sells it outright?

Last edited:
I have had the tk102 for over a year and haven't put it on the mavic cos i was scared of it causing interference in some way. I have searched high and low for other people who had the same tracker and gone ahead and actually attached it to their mavic and flown. Can you guys on this thread tell me if you have had any problems whatsoever using the tk102 on your mavic?? Is a compass calibration while tk is attached and switched on advisable? Any advice would be great. Thanks.

sorry, I only used mine on my Align 690 hex, Never had a runaway so never had a chance to use it in real world conditions.
I have seen a few 3d printed mounts, placing it in the top-center of a Mavic. you would be fine with just velcro, thats all I used on my 690..
TK102 Mavic.jpg

Reactions: Bala
sorry, I only used mine on my Align 690 hex, Never had a runaway so never had a chance to use it in real world conditions.
I have seen a few 3d printed mounts, placing it in the top-center of a Mavic. you would be fine with just velcro, thats all I used on my 690..
View attachment 68699
Sent for one of these yesterday on E-bay. I still haven't found ANYONE that can confirm they have flown a mavic with this! Fingers crossed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR