DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I just ordered a Mavic 2Pro... am I going to want to sell my MP1 ?

MichiganMavic

Reactions
I’ve had my Mavic since it came out and bought extra batteries, cases, accessories, etc. it’s been my main go-to drone for just flying for fun. No complaints, I just like updated electronics of any kind.
Am I going to be wowed enough with the MP2 enough to want to get rid of the MP1? I have the Inspire and Phantom 4 as back up too.
My plan was to see if I like the new one in comparison to the old before buying the extra batteries, case, etc.
I’m not a commercial flyer or a photographer by any means, but I like getting the latest and greatest of anything out there. I need an honest opinion from those of you that have switched over.
I realize there are many YouTube comparison videos, but here, there is a back and forth conversation to be had.
Thanks,
MM

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I flew a friend's Mavic 2 Zoom. The Zoom was amazing and it just felt so stable and solid to fly. Will I sell my Mavic Pro as a result? Probably not. I will purchase the Mavic 2 and keep my trusty original Mavic. I waited almost 2 months to get one when they first came out and we have shared some amazing times.

Thats me though.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I’ve had my Mavic since it came out and bought extra batteries, cases, accessories, etc. it’s been my main go-to drone for just flying for fun. No complaints, I just like updated electronics of any kind.
Am I going to be wowed enough with the MP2 enough to want to get rid of the MP1? I have the Inspire and Phantom 4 as back up too.
My plan was to see if I like the new one in comparison to the old before buying the extra batteries, case, etc.
I’m not a commercial flyer or a photographer by any means, but I like getting the latest and greatest of anything out there. I need an honest opinion from those of you that have switched over.
I realize there are many YouTube comparison videos, but here, there is a back and forth conversation to be had.
Thanks,
MM

Are we related? Lol. If you can afford it, just buy it. The M2P is amazing in low light conditions compared to the MP. I flew side by side with my buddy earlier trying to take the same shots and my M2P's camera was definitely better than his MP's.

Besides the camera part, is the bird itself that much better? I see that some of the obstacle sensors are only in use with Tri-pod and another mode, so is the other improvements going to win me over?
The flight time is only minutes, and I was ok with that. The noise level, to be honest, would be a plus.
The new Occu-sync is what’s interesting to me because of some of the issues around me. That alone might do it.

I sold my M1P after buying the M2P.
However, I still have my Spark and Mavic Air and won't sell them. But three drones is enough ... for now :)

You ordered it before getting the MP2...
any regrets? The changes/upgrades that noticeable?

None whatsoever. The 2 is appreciably better in EVERY way. The camera alone is worth the upgrade, but the bird itself, increased flight time, APAS, omnidirectional obstacle avoidance, speed, OcuSync 2.0, all combine to make it a no-brainer. I couldn't be happier with it. Going from the original MP to the M2P is like going from a cubicle to a corner office.

None whatsoever. The 2 is appreciably better in EVERY way. The camera alone is worth the upgrade, but the bird itself, increased flight time, APAS, omnidirectional obstacle avoidance, speed, OcuSync 2.0, all combine to make it a no-brainer. I couldn't be happier with it. Going from the original MP to the M2P is like going from a cubicle to a corner office.

Exactly what I want to hear[emoji106].
Can’t wait for it to come in.
Watching the tracking info like a kid watching Santa’s tracking on Christmas Eve [emoji38]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078