DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I lose ability to photograph in RAW after using any intelligent flight modes.

jbphoto

Reactions
Whenever I activate an intelligent flight mode, I can only shoot JPEG‘s until I land the Mavic, turn off the Mavic and then restart it. This bug has persisted through several firmware updates.

Has anyone else had this issue? Are there any fixes/work-arounds?

Hey there, I just flew my magic for the first time and had the same issue as you. Googled it and found your post. Did you ever find anything out or contact DJI support about the issue? I was going to email their support and see if its a known bug.

It's not a bug. Some of the intelligent modes rely on visual recognition of the subject from the main camera's video feed, which means the camera can only be in video mode (settings are also automatically set to high frame rate) for them to work.

It's not a bug. Those modes rely on visual recognition of the subject from the main camera's video feed, which means the camera can only be in video mode (settings are also automatically set to high frame rate) for them to work.
Thank for the reply Kilrah, as this was during my first flight, perhaps I was still in the intelligent flight mode when I tried to take the photo. My next time out I will try again this time ensuring I go back to normal flight mode before attempting to take a photo. Thank you!

I still have the issue once I turn off the intelligent modes.

In my case indeed after I stopped the intelligent flight then made sure to tap the icon and select normal flight, I was able to go back to raw. I think the piece I was missing was selecting normal again. Hopefully this is the same for you.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes