DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I LOST MY DRONE ! ?

Rashad

Reactions
Please need urgent help !

4 days ago, during 2nd flight that day of my Air 2 drone ( altitude was 25m in normal mode ) , the following notifications respectively appeared on the interface :
  • Signal GPS lost , Fly with Caution
  • " GTCNN. . . " ( don't remember the rest ) GPS interference
  • Seconds after : Aircraft disconnected ! ...and i lost control. I watched the drone flying away (150m distance ) then i lost visual sight after couple of seconds .

I retrieved from my mobile the .DAT flight log, read it using DatCon application, but and i need someone to interpret it !
Link to the files:

P.S, : the area where i was is rocky mountain 2350m altitude.

any explanation about what happened & any advice will be appreciated.

Last edited:
What you have linked to isn't a flight log ... go here --> DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help and upload the correct one (instructions on how & where to find it in your mobile device is on the same page, just scroll down there a bit). Once uploaded you will be provided with a link ... copy that & come back here and paste it in a new post.

Did you use the find my drone feature on the Profile. does it show up ?
I think it will only provide details for 3 months.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: rickfmdj

4 days ago, during 2nd flight that day of my Air 2 drone ( altitude was 25m in normal mode ) , the following notifications respectively appeared on the interface :
  • Seconds after : Aircraft disconnected ! ...and i lost control. I watched the drone flying away (150m distance ) then i lost visual sight after couple of seconds .

I retrieved from my mobile the .DAT flight log, read it using DatCon application, but and i need someone to interpret it !
Link to the files:

Ask Meta4. I suspect he could help. Private Msg Him.

I've never thought of that scenario. Losing GPS. Then losing the connection to the drone. I gues the drone wouldn't know how to get home. That bites.

Link to the files:

Please do post the flight data so the experts can help all of us understand what went wrong. That information is invaluable for crash avoidance lessons

Link to the files:

How far away from you was the drone? 75 ft above takeoff should have been fine, unless a lot of trees in area.

Had you moved from the original homepoint? Was RTH set up in your FlyApp?

The Air2 is not typical of a flyaway without reasons. Not saying it did not happen until flight logs are read; but that drone "if" RTH is set up in FlyApp "should have" came back to the homepoint - wherever that was set, if at all.

If no GPS was available when you took off and no homepoint set for RTH to work - that seems most likely scenario of why it flew away. In ATTI mode - even a slight wind can blow the drone away as it has no stabilization from GPS.

... In ATTI mode - even a slight wind can blow the drone away as it has no stabilization from GPS.
ATTI mode (message "Signal GPS lost") together with what the OP said about losing the connection soon after ... would have initiated a forced auto landing, that's how DJI drones are programmed.

Everyone that fly should be using AirData but it is not. WHY?
Hi there. Can you elaborate on this? Use AirData as opposed to DJI Fly App? Does AirData operate like DJI Fly? Does it run in the background? Wonder if it’s something I should be using?

Please do post the flight data so the experts can help all of us understand what went wrong. That information is invaluable for crash avoidance lessons

Hello,
you can find the flight data files in the link above and attached here also. Would appreciate it if an expert can check them, interpret and explain all the values and numbers in the files, as well as the .kml track.

Attachments

• 2021-07-31_13-23-00_FLY076.DAT
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
  • 2021-07-31_13-23-00_FLY076.log.txt
    18.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 2021-07-31_13-23-00_FLY076.recDefs.txt
    20.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
How far away from you was the drone? 75 ft above takeoff should have been fine, unless a lot of trees in area.

Had you moved from the original homepoint? Was RTH set up in your FlyApp?

The Air2 is not typical of a flyaway without reasons. Not saying it did not happen until flight logs are read; but that drone "if" RTH is set up in FlyApp "should have" came back to the homepoint - wherever that was set, if at all.

If no GPS was available when you took off and no homepoint set for RTH to work - that seems most likely scenario of why it flew away. In ATTI mode - even a slight wind can blow the drone away as it has no stabilization from GPS.
Hello,
The drone was about 450 ft away, 100ft above take off, no trees in area. I didn't move from the original home point, and yes RTH was set and enabled ! I know it is unlikely to happen but the drone did fly away and couldn't tell how far because i lost eye sight.

Hello,
you can find the flight data files in the link above. Would appreciate it if an expert can check it, interpret and explain all the values and numbers in the files, as well as the .kml track.
The links you have posted have nothing useful to analyse your flight.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.

Last edited:
I asked because the link in your first post is not what's needed to analyse your flight.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.
Hi again,
Just sent a link to The Phantom help, hope they will process .DAT log viewer and advise !

Last edited:
Hi again,
Just sent a link to The Phantom help, hope they will process .DAT log viewer and advise !
No .. that's not how it works and we don't want a .dat file.
Just post your txt file ... the one in the instructions above.

No .. that's not how it works and we don't want a .dat file.
Just post your txt file ... the one in the instructions above.
Correct me for any mistake in the following:
-No .TXT file in the DJI FlightRecord folder in my Android phone.
-Found 2021-07-31_13-23-00_FLY076.DAT log file.
-Used DatCon to process the file, and got 4 files (2 files .TXT / .KML / .CSV )
Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu