DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I lost my Mavic and need help finding out what happened - FOUND BY STARZ!

Don't ship the drone without a gimbal clamp. Otherwise it will die on the way home and it will be a pity after surviving in a crash.

Sent from my XT1572 using MavicPilots mobile app
I have it secured with some masking tape. Not moving at all.
I don't have a dji style clamp in my possession.

Great thread! Good work everyone!

What an amazing job! You guys really have a good heart And for sure this story will be a great memory for life.

Reactions: sdold
The mp is off!! Pablo now has a tracking number. One week across the pond according to FedEx. I will watch the progress and let everyone know as it trips along. When I say everyone, I mean the thousands that are watching. I was shocked when I saw how many views this adventure has had. Hope I can keep all the info up to date. The sd card is what I am going to be interested in seeing when that time comes up. I did not do any viewing as I thought of it as private property. I would love to see the last few minutes of that video. The gimbal did look like it had dislodged from some of its positioning and I do think I got it back in the correct place prior to shipping. Tape to secure it for the long trip. Thank for all the thumbs up!!

The mp is off!! Pablo now has a tracking number. One week across the pond according to FedEx. I will watch the progress and let everyone know as it trips along. When I say everyone, I mean the thousands that are watching. I was shocked when I saw how many views this adventure has had. Hope I can keep all the info up to date. The sd card is what I am going to be interested in seeing when that time comes up. I did not do any viewing as I thought of it as private property. I would love to see the last few minutes of that video. The gimbal did look like it had dislodged from some of its positioning and I do think I got it back in the correct place prior to shipping. Tape to secure it for the long trip. Thank for all the thumbs up!!
I'll definitely post the video of the now infamous crash on here as soon as I get it. Hopefully I'll get this inside a week.

Can't wait to see the footage of the POI too as even the controller feed on my phone looks pretty **** impressive.

If anyone Stateside ever loses their MP in North West England I know what I have to do:p

Amazing to think that just a short time ago, @Pablo watched his new toy smash into Mavic Mountain, fully expecting that he would never see it again. Can you imagine how he must have felt? He was on holiday in Arizona from England, and he had to make the long trip back knowing that the new drone he had just spent a bunch of time and money acquiring was left behind in a foreign country? Surely he never thought he'd ever see it again. That must have SUCKED....oh, that terrible feeling like when you've lost your wallet....

Now here we are -- a few days later. It's Friday night and what could have been a really ****** story has a happy ending -- Pablo knows his drone is coming home and will almost certainly fly again, and he's got a tracking number teasing him as he watches the package making its way back to old Blighty. How often do you think he's gonna be checking the FedEx tracking website?

Again, I want to give a BIG shout out to @Starz -- clearly a stand-up guy. Next time I'm in Tucson, the beers are on me, and next time I'm in Manchester, pints are on Pablo ;-)

Have a great weekend all!

Amazing to think that just a short time ago, @Pablo watched his new toy smash into Mavic Mountain, fully expecting that he would never see it again. Can you imagine how he must have felt? He was on holiday in Arizona from England, and he had to make the long trip back knowing that the new drone he had just spent a bunch of time and money acquiring was left behind in a foreign country? Surely he never thought he'd ever see it again. That must have SUCKED....oh, that terrible feeling like when you've lost your wallet....

Now here we are -- a few days later. It's Friday night and what could have been a really ****** story has a happy ending -- Pablo knows his drone is coming home and will almost certainly fly again, and he's got a tracking number teasing him as he watches the package making its way back to old Blighty. How often do you think he's gonna be checking the FedEx tracking website?

Again, I want to give a BIG shout out to @Starz -- clearly a stand-up guy. Next time I'm in Tucson, the beers are on me, and next time I'm in Manchester, pints are on Pablo ;-)

Have a great weekend all!

What an incredible story. Nice to see there is still good people in this world.

Oh - and I bet Pablo will check Fed Ex about 253 times.

Can we get a counter going Pablo?

I'll definitely post the video of the now infamous crash on here as soon as I get it. Hopefully I'll get this inside a week.

Can't wait to see the footage of the POI too as even the controller feed on my phone looks pretty **** impressive.

If anyone Stateside ever loses their MP in North West England I know what I have to do:p

Yes, I didn't initially want to mention how good the footage looked, even though it was the cached video, as that would have been rubbing it in a bit. But now you've found it, I can say it, it looked like an awesome flight. Looking forward to seeing the full thing!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Zorrobazz and Pablo
Its so tempting to go around stuff but yeah this happens everytime you behind something like a big rock or mountain you get disconnected that is a fact. You have to be either higher or well just try doing half orbit. Sorry about your crash

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Its so tempting to go around stuff but yeah this happens everytime you behind something like a big rock or mountain you get disconnected that is a fact. You have to be either higher or well just try doing half orbit. Sorry about your crash

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Yeah, I never lost connection during the orbit, I was felting high enough. The only time I lost connection was when it auto landed behind Mavic Mountain due to the low battery.

True though, POI can be dangerous on tall objects, but they're very tempting :D

Yes, I didn't initially want to mention how good the footage looked, even though it was the cached video, as that would have been rubbing it in a bit. But now you've found it, I can say it, it looked like an awesome flight. Looking forward to seeing the full thing!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
I'll post the proper footage on here when I get it. It better be good after all this drama :D

IMG_1147.JPG I did get an answer on whether you can ship a lipo. No. You must be authorized or certified to do that. So I have my souvenir of Pablo's ordeal sitting on my desk as my reminder of things to watch out for. Here is what he will see in a week. I wanted to use a bigger box, but with all the padding I was putting in, it got to heavy. I needed to be under 2 lbs for cost reasons,so I went to the next size down. I've seen damaged boxes all the time from shipping people. We will get an opinion from Pablo on how well my packing skills are later. The shippers don't make a lot of money moving boxes around in a given continent,but they sure do when they fly over water. I was a little surprised at that number. Interesting that when I went to UPS, I couldn't get an answer from the person behind the counter on the battery. She had no knowledge on that subject and didn't seem to care if I got an answer. I left.

Amazing!!!! Don't know how I stumbled on this post but wow what a read. This has to the best post I've read over here. Kudos to all who helped Pablo. As for the pints I suggest when lawflyer visits the queen in May, if Pablo cannot make it then he should fly his Mavic with a few pints tied to it towards where lawflyer is visiting or better yet have lawflyer's wife shoot at them pints when it is flying towards them. ;) ;) ;)

All jokes aside in this non stop negetivity fed world you all made my day. What a story, don't think I would ever forget this.

The year has only just began and this will probably be the top thread of 2017 . :D

Way to go guys. Thumbswayup

As for the slight damage, as much as I like having my stuff in good condition, I wouldn't mind at all having those marks on my Mavic if they "told" this amazing story. :p

MK

Reactions: Zorrobazz
Apologies to starz, forget to mention him in my earlier post, you sir are a trooper, if you ever come by NJ (now I wouldn't know why any self respecting Arizonan would come visit NJ, but then miracles do happen as read here hahaha) I would like to offer you beers.

Reactions: Zorrobazz
Apologies to starz, forget to mention him in my earlier post, you sir are a trooper, if you ever come by NJ (now I wouldn't know why any self respecting Arizonan would come visit NJ, but then miracles do happen as read here hahaha) I would like to offer you beers.
I would need to check a map, but we will be in s.e. PA in September for a wedding. Landenberg area. Can you hang lose for a bit?

Reactions: Jack Mackinnon

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga