DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I made a simple 3D printed controller extender for the iPad pro 9.7" and iPad Mini 5

Miss Chrisy Co

Reactions
I'm really enjoying the iPad mini 5 as my main, it's lighter than my couple year old iPad Pro and works better with DJI Fly. Personally I didn't like how my mav mount fit into my Air 2 controller which is why I made this. No issues with range although I only tested out to about 1KM, that's as far as I'll go before I lose VLOS.

I'm also working on a lanyard holder somewhere in the middle. A 3D printed mount for the Firehouse Dual is almost done, working out a kink in it's design.

Thanks!

1123123.jpggd.jpglj;lk;jkl;jkl.jpgP1174074.jpgqqwerqwe.jpg

Reactions: Ron Boger
They are on my Etsy page

I just ordered the iPad mini extender. I ordered strobe light holders previously from you for my Mini and was impressed with your products. Thank you!

Reactions: Miss Chrisy Co
I'm really enjoying the iPad mini 5 as my main, it's lighter than my couple year old iPad Pro and works better with DJI Fly. Personally I didn't like how my mav mount fit into my Air 2 controller which is why I made this. No issues with range although I only tested out to about 1KM, that's as far as I'll go before I lose VLOS.

I'm also working on a lanyard holder somewhere in the middle. A 3D printed mount for the Firehouse Dual is almost done, working out a kink in it's design.

Thanks!

View attachment 101373View attachment 101374View attachment 101375View attachment 101376View attachment 101377
I bought your Firehouse dual mounts for my Mini. Really appreciate your products!

Reactions: Miss Chrisy Co

Thanks!

View attachment 101373View attachment 101374View attachment 101375View attachment 101376View attachment 101377
How well does that hold the ipad in there? Looking at it I was unsure it would hold well. Interesting design.

How well does that hold the ipad in there? Looking at it I was unsure it would hold well. Interesting design.
It fits very well, it wont come out in any orientation.

I bought your Firehouse dual mounts for my Mini. Really appreciate your products!
I just ordered the iPad mini extender. I ordered strobe light holders previously from you for my Mini and was impressed with your products. Thank you!
Thanks! I am going to be making more Mavic Air 2 stuff now

Last edited:
Make it free bro, this is why 3d printing became so popuplar, open source FREE SLICER SOFTWARE EVERYWHERE!, open code, free sharing and diversity! its a shame you think this is worth charging for.

Make it free bro, this is why 3d printing became so popuplar, open source FREE SLICER SOFTWARE EVERYWHERE!, open code, free sharing and diversity! its a shame you think this is worth charging for.

It's a simple design, you are welcome to duplicate it, but my selling supports my developing stuff bro, if you don't want to support I understand. You're welcome to design your own, that's the great thing about 3D printing. I'm hoping to move up to injection molding soon, so I can provide an even better product to my customers.

I've had other vendors steal my designs and sell them as their own when I made them available bro, which is why I don't share my own anymore. It's a shame that crappy people have to ruin it for everyone.

Here's a free design you can print at home on thingiverse

If it was cheaper I'd buy one, but it's expensive for what is effectively 1 piece of plastic.

It fits very well, it wont come out in any orientation.
I wish I could just print this out myself but I don't see any stl files around like this. I've never tried to design any 3d models before either so... anyways great looking design! I would be willing to pay to be able to print this out and I'm not looking to sell or anything just want to get one for myself. Let me know if you think we can work out something! Thanks!

I would be curious if having the ipad overhanging the top of the holder so closely that transmission would be adversely affected. On the bottom of page 34 in the MA2 User Manual it shows where the wifi signal radiates from Something like MavMount moves the tablet away from the antenna array.

1589672221360.png

Would you make iPad air mounts
The iPad Pro 9.7" will fit the iPad Air, they are the same width

I would be curious if having the ipad overhanging the top of the holder so closely that transmission would be adversely affected. On the bottom of page 34 in the MA2 User Manual it shows where the wifi signal radiates from Something like MavMount moves the tablet away from the antenna array.

View attachment 101569
No adverse affect on range up to 6600 ft, and that's where we stopped testing it, your mileage will always vary. If anything I think it acts like a parabolic antenna, so the areas that are weak, are still weak probably weaker, but the strong areas are still strong, possibly stronger.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329