DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I need Help Please

Coupes4ever

Reactions
I really have been thinking about getting the Magic Mini 2. Its in my budget as long as I make payments. Anyway I found out that my phone is not capable of downloading the Fly App. I just got this phone a month ago. Its definitely not the latest Samsung but it was what I could afford. Can you guys please let me know what the best and the cheapest way to do this. I would even try a small tablet that would fit in the holder. I'm very confused as to what to do. Thank you for any information in advance that you can share with me.

I bit the bullet and recently purchased a Mini 5 for my Mini 2. I treat this like my other hobby, RC rock crawling. I go all in and get what is needed to properly operate my equipment. My opinion, if you go cheap you will pay more in the long run. If your on a budget and your funds are limited, I would suggest something else. Just my thoughts, no harm intended.

Anyway I found out that my phone is not capable of downloading the Fly App. I just got this phone a month ago. Its definitely not the latest Samsung but it was what I could afford.
What model of phone is it?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

You are flying a mini computer and it requires certain resources to control it.

It is important that you try to get the right stuff even if it takes you a little longer so you do not lose your drone.

I bit the bullet and recently purchased a Mini 5 for my Mini 2. I treat this like my other hobby, RC rock crawling. I go all in and get what is needed to properly operate my equipment. My opinion, if you go cheap you will pay more in the long run. If your on a budget and your funds are limited, I would suggest something else. Just my thoughts, no harm intended.
I know it always cost more getting started. I have flown RC planes for a couple years but back then I was working and didn't have a budget to worry about. I just wanna get into drones without killing my account lol

Reactions: Uncle Pete
Welcome to the forum.

You are flying a mini computer and it requires certain resources to control it.

It is important that you try to get the right stuff even if it takes you a little longer so you do not lose your drone.
I understand that that. I'll just have to bite the bullet lol and spend more money

Adding this to the OP, this isn't a cheap hobby (Although DJI and other companies sway you to think they can offer you cheap) and even though you might get in cheap. IT isn't going to stay that way for long. It isn't if you crash, it's when...you should IMHO not even think of getting into these if you can't afford at least two and afford to throw the money away even then.
It is what it is. It's a real fun hobby, but it is not for a limited budget sadly...Imagine how you are going to feel making payments on something you crashed and totaled in the first days of owning...not a good feeling and I see alot of it posted on threads...Not trying to discourage you, just a bit of...you might want to think long and hard about this before jumping in ;)

Might do well into buying a older DJI product get a more capable machine that can run on Go 4 App which while is a intensive app might probably load to your device you have as it doesn't need the Fly Apps 64 bit Processor side, which is why your not able to download. ;)

Last edited:
I understand that that. I'll just have to bite the bullet lol and spend more money
Have you actually tried downloading the app and installing?....I would goi to the DJI website and try to get it from there.... it is compatible with more than is listed. They can't test everything. As someone previously asked, what phone is it?

Reactions: Coupes4ever
Adding this to the OP, this isn't a cheap hobby (Although DJI and other companies sway you to think they can offer you cheap) and even though you might get in cheap. IT isn't going to stay that way for long. It isn't if you crash, it's when...you should IMHO not even think of getting into these if you can't afford at least two and afford to throw the money away even then.
It is what it is. It's a real funny hobby, but it is not for a limited budget sadly...Imagine how you are going to feel making payments on something you crashed and totaled in the first days of owning...not a good feeling and I see alot of it posted on threads...Not trying to discourage you, just a bit of...you might want to think long and hard about this before jumping in ;)
I know I have a lot to think about. I have already tried the $150 drones and they are junk. I have been reading a lot of good things about the Mini 2 and thought that it would be a better option to go higher it just sucks that I have to purchase more stuff just to fly it if I decide to stick with this one

Have you actually tried downloading the app and installing?....I would goi to the DJI website and try to get it from there.... it is compatible with more than is listed. They can't test everything. As someone previously asked, what phone is it?
Yup already tried. Its saying not compatible or something like that. It just won't load.

It is what it is. It's a real funny hobby, but it is not for a limited budget sadly...Imagine how you are going to feel making payments on something you crashed and totaled in the first days of owning...not a good feeling and I see alot of it posted on threads...Not trying to discourage you, just a bit of...you might want to think long and hard about this before jumping in ;)

Might do well into buying a older DJI product get a more capable machine that can run on Go 4 App which while is a intensive app might probably load to your device you have as it doesn't need the Fly Apps 64 bit Processor side, which is why your not able to download. ;)
I was able to download the Go 4 app. Does that mean I can fly the basic Mavic Mini instead of the Mini2?

Never mind I just seen that it won't work with the Mini either
Yeap, MM1, Mini 2 and MA2 are all Fly App. Again your device doesn't have a 64 bit OS as required..it may have some power, just wrong architecture for software...again why it won't download. ;)

So you may (Or may not) be able to run Go 4 on your horsepower and go with a Mavic Pro (Original) From there you will go back to Go 3 (Requires less ummmfff on phone) and pick a old phantom series and get your feet wet with one of those...I still have mine :)

With a bit of looking you can get a MP1 for around $300-$400 with some due diligence. It will blow a Mini 2 out of the air even this day and age. :p The Go 4 App is also a more defined system...you can run Litchi as well...just a all around good machine.

Last edited:
... So you may (Or may not) be able to run Go 4 on your horsepower and go with a Mavic Pro (Original)
And in relation to @Repaid1 proposal I can add a second hand Mavic Air 1 also ... more portable, a bit more modern technology & equal potent to weather & wind as the larger Mavics ... & a speed monster, if you want. Works on GO4 also, so all 3:rd party apps available. Down sides are a tad short battery time (approx 15 min), so carry some more batteries & enhanced WiFi instead of Occusync to control it (a bit more prone to WiFi interference & about 4km distances at maximum during perfect conditions)

The Air perhaps isn't perfect if you only can fly in denser urban areas with a lot of interfering WiFi networks ... but it looks like Millville NJ can present a lot of not so populated areas to fly in ... especially west of the city.

Try the hobby out on a older model & see if it sticks ... then step up if necessary.

@Coupes4ever ,it is a fact that the hobby of drone flying is not a cheap hobby ,if you want to obtain some decent equipment,and with respect to you it does require quite a large outlay, once you add the cost of the drone ,and the extra things you need to get it into the air,its a shame that many people dont find these things out ,until after they have purchased a drone ,or have had one as a gift only to discover the ongoing costs involved,if you can, as others have suggested start off with a good used one which uses the GO4 APP then that would be a good way to start ,but to be really honest with you ,this hobby has a way of getting under your skin ,and you will not be happy until you have all the stuff that goes into making it so great, ( yes its addictive),and unless you can really afford it ,maybe its not for you,i hope you will not be offended by my post ,just wanted to paint an honest answer to you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots