DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I need Help Please

You can get a used Galaxy S7 with a blocked ESN on Ebay for about $50. You won't be able to use it as a phone without rooting it, but it should work fine with the DJI Fly app and the Mini 2.

That's just one option.

Definitely make sure you have a phone that can handle the requirements of the app. The last thing you want is the app crashing while your new drone is in the air.
I bought a used I phone 6 on eBay for 60 bucks. Works perfectly with my Mavic air 2 and fly app

I bit the bullet and recently purchased a Mini 5 for my Mini 2. I treat this like my other hobby, RC rock crawling. I go all in and get what is needed to properly operate my equipment. My opinion, if you go cheap you will pay more in the long run. If your on a budget and your funds are limited, I would suggest something else. Just my thoughts, no harm intended.
Our hobby is also an investment we spend for it, likewise save some funds for it also when we want to go on with our hobby. Welcome to the club!

I'm using my old phone - a 3+ yrs Motorola with a slightly cracked screen, and the phone body won't close completely.

You'll have to Google it to death, but hit up your personal network and phone repair shops for older but still compatible devices. You might get something that will work for absolutely zero cost.

Or find the device requirements and search it the other way around for new tablets. For example, Walmart has the Onn 8" Tablet Pro for $99, and it reportedly works great.

Maybe you can try getting the DJI simulator and practicing on there while you save up for some equipment. In the meanwhile, your skills will improve and your chances of crashing your newly purchased will diminish.

You don't have any old devices around? You can use the wifi in house or connect to your current phone wifi via Bluetooth tethering. And then you use what ever is handy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82