DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I need Help Please

I'm def
@Coupes4ever ,it is a fact that the hobby of drone flying is not a cheap hobby ,if you want to obtain some decent equipment,and with respect to you it does require quite a large outlay, once you add the cost of the drone ,and the extra things you need to get it into the air,its a shame that many people dont find these things out ,until after they have purchased a drone ,or have had one as a gift only to discover the ongoing costs involved,if you can, as others have suggested start off with a good used one which uses the GO4 APP then that would be a good way to start ,but to be really honest with you ,this hobby has a way of getting under your skin ,and you will not be happy until you have all the stuff that goes into making it so great, ( yes its addictive),and unless you can really afford it ,maybe its not for you,i hope you will not be offended by my post ,just wanted to paint an honest answer to you
definitely not offended at all. I know how addictive RC stuff can be. I've already had planes boats cars n trucks. When I had a better paycheck those things didn't matter. Now that I'm on disability I don't want to give up the hobby I just want to try drones but at a way so it doesn't break my pocket book to much lol.

I'm def

definitely not offended at all. I know how addictive RC stuff can be. I've already had planes boats cars n trucks. When I had a better paycheck those things didn't matter. Now that I'm on disability I don't want to give up the hobby I just want to try drones but at a way so it doesn't break my pocket book to much lol.
If your keen to try there is a sponsor on here selling a Mavic Air (1st series) so it will be top notch to fly..all less than a Mavic mini..I imagine there would be some kind of warranty on it too. I will go see if I can find a link real quick. :)

Here it is: Good deal and in your budget ($379 Shipped), this drone has a good feature set and would be a good starter for you/ maybe more. This was a DJI series that had Gesture control...it looked at you and by doing certain hand/arm commands it would do some nice functions with no remote needed. Again has a shorter than normal flight time on a battery but with savings maybe you could afford a few spares, you always need a couple anyway...trust us ;) Videos of what this little baby is packed with including it's autonomous flying shots :)

Last edited:
I know it always cost more getting started. I have flown RC planes for a couple years but back then I was working and didn't have a budget to worry about. I just wanna get into drones without killing my account lol
I have an old Samsung S5 mini sitting here that you can have, but I just looked and it's not on the list of compatible phones for DJI Fly app. It's on the Go 4 list, but not DJI Fly list which I think you need to use with the Mini 2.

Reactions: pelagic_one
I fly a mavic air 1 with a refurbished iPad mini5. Its brilliant however I was lucky to have got the fly more with 3 batteries as spare batteries are as rare as hens teeth. Definitely try to get the mini2 and maybe a refurbished compatible phone or iPad mini. You can get away with using the iPad mini5 without an additional mount.

I really have been thinking about getting the Magic Mini 2. Its in my budget as long as I make payments. Anyway I found out that my phone is not capable of downloading the Fly App. I just got this phone a month ago. Its definitely not the latest Samsung but it was what I could afford. Can you guys please let me know what the best and the cheapest way to do this. I would even try a small tablet that would fit in the holder. I'm very confused as to what to do. Thank you for any information in advance that you can share with me.
What phone are you using?

I really have been thinking about getting the Magic Mini 2. Its in my budget as long as I make payments. Anyway I found out that my phone is not capable of downloading the Fly App. I just got this phone a month ago. Its definitely not the latest Samsung but it was what I could afford. Can you guys please let me know what the best and the cheapest way to do this. I would even try a small tablet that would fit in the holder. I'm very confused as to what to do. Thank you for any information in advance that you can share with me.
As a back up to my Tripltek tablet I have an 8 inch Huawei MediaPad M5 lite tablet €150. It has 3 GB of RAM and can handle the DJI GO4 and Fly app. I use it with my M2Z and the Mini 2. For the price it is very good and affordable. I can recommend it.

If you have to make payments I would suggest saving your money until you can afford it.

Reactions: Coupes4ever
Hi, welcome to the forum.
If you have an Apple iPad or a Samsung Tab you may be able to use that in place of your phone. The trick is very simple.

ME: Mavic Air - iPad Mini 5 /w App - Samsung Note 8
My IPad mini 5 is WiFi-ed to the Note 8 via Note 8 HotSpot. Mini 5 is hard wired to Mavic Controller. Problem solved for me.

I also use the same setup for my Spark, but I substitute the Samsung Tab A /w App for the iPad Mini 5.

I can fly my Mavic Air and another person can fly the Spark at the same time

I own both the Apple iPad Mini 5 (present from daughter) and the Samsung Tab A 8”, I use ‘em both, just not at same time by one person!
This also provides a fantastic opportunity to educate others with an experience in:
UASology <<<ding, ding, ding new word - take that Webster!

Last edited:
Reactions: Coupes4ever
Just gonna thrown in my 2¢. I have recently gotten back 'into drones' after being away since the P4. Mainly that U needed to put an antenna rope over a pine tree at act 120' up. I looked at all present DJI things and went with Amazons offer of Mavic Air Fly More at $990 something, and the offer through Chase to pay over 12 months. To me, the best bang for your Buck.
From an R/C'er of over 50 yrs stick building and flying fuel & gas n battery planes. Still have 11 hanging up in model shop.

What's GB is the ROM? Needs to be 64 according to what I've read.
I think you're confusing 64-bit with 64 GB. You need a phone/tablet which has a 64-bit operating system, The available memory isn't really important (but I would suggest you need 16 GB as a minimum). I can happily run the Fly app on my old 16 GB iPhone SE.

How much? What's GB is the ROM? Needs to be 64 according to what I've read. And Android 6.0 or higher
I had the Mini and also ran Mavic Air 2 off this S7. It's just sitting on the shelf. No sim card and still ran the drones/app fine. It will hook up to wifi to download updates if needed.
$50. and I will send it to you. I live in RI

I think you're confusing 64-bit with 64 GB. You need a phone/tablet which has a 64-bit operating system, The available memory isn't really important (but I would suggest you need 16 GB as a minimum). I can happily run the Fly app on my old 16 GB iPhone SE.
Yea its all greek to meet. All I know it won't load on my phone

Definitely make sure you have a phone that can handle the requirements of the app. The last thing you want is the app crashing while your new drone is in the air.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom