DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

i pad mini 5 or i pad air (2019)

irsh-droner2018

Reactions
hello everyone ...

i just bought my mavic 2 zoom ..and going to buy a new tablet as my old android was not working great withe go4 app when i was setting up the drone ..

i going to buy apple and cant decide if i should go with 7,.9 inch mini or 10.5 inch air ..

so just wondering what do u guys prefer to fly with smaller 8 inch tablet or a bigger 10 /10.5 inch

thank you all in advance

hello everyone ...

i just bought my mavic 2 zoom ..and going to buy a new tablet as my old android was not working great withe go4 app when i was setting up the drone ..

i going to buy apple and cant decide if i should go with 7,.9 inch mini or 10.5 inch air ..

so just wondering what do u guys prefer to fly with smaller 8 inch tablet or a bigger 10 /10.5 inch

thank you all in advance

I'm using a 9.7 inch first-generation iPad Pro but find the screen a bit too large. If I didn't already own it I would definitely go for the latest iPad Mini.

hello everyone ...

thank you all in advance
iPad mini 5.

I was thinking of trying to use my iPad Pro as well; stupid question, but do you still use the RC, or can you control the drone using just the iPad? I connect with my iPhone and RC now, but I’d need a different connector for the iPad Pro to the RC.

My daughter gifted me the iPad mini 5 with maxed out memory and the Apple Pencil for a Father’s Day gift. I’ve used it numerous times since and will not go back to my Samsung Tab. I use LITCHI and the mini 5 is superior on battery life, screen resolution, and ease of use (2x tap on home, swipe to kill, tap active screen and press on). 5 Stars

hello everyone ...

thank you all in advance
Use iPad mini 5 . Great screen size for my old eyes

Reactions: ARam55
I use the mini. It is an ideal size and fits my Mavic Pro controller with or without a purpose mount.

I was thinking of trying to use my iPad Pro as well; stupid question, but do you still use the RC, or can you control the drone using just the iPad? I connect with my iPhone and RC now, but I’d need a different connector for the iPad Pro to the RC.

You can operate the drone using the iPad without the RC but it severely limits the range to about 50 metres because you’re not using the RC’s occusync or enhanced wi-fi, depending on what model of DJI drone you’re flying.

Yes, you will need to buy a new cable but that will cost only a few dollars. And then there is the bracket or IPad holder needed to attach the iPad Pro to the RC. I am very happy with the PGYTech iPad holder which was also inexpensive.

PGYTech

Last edited:
This is not a question we can really answer as it's going to come down to what you prefer, is there anyone you know that has a 10in tablet so you can try it for size with your Mavic?

I was looking at an 8in or 10in device for my Mavic and initially was wanting to go for an 8in tablet that would fit onto the controller without an adapter but there's few choices for Android and after a few failed attempts to get an Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 I instead opted for the bigger 9.7in Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 with an adapter. At first it felt too fiddly to set up and the tablet too heavy on the controller but I've quickly become used to it and I like the large display and the position on the controller. That said I can easily see why people prefer a smaller device so it's really what you yourself find better.

Reactions: deleted member 877
This is not a question we can really answer as it's going to come down to what you prefer, is there anyone you know that has a 10in tablet so you can try it for size with your Mavic?

I was looking at an 8in or 10in device for my Mavic and initially was wanting to go for an 8in tablet that would fit onto the controller without an adapter but there's few choices for Android and after a few failed attempts to get an Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 I instead opted for the bigger 9.7in Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 with an adapter. At first it felt too fiddly to set up and the tablet too heavy on the controller but I've quickly become used to it and I like the large display and the position on the controller. That said I can easily see why people prefer a smaller device so it's really what you yourself find better.

I agree with you 100%. At first I found the IPad Pro mounted on the PGYTech iPad holder to be a little cumbersome but am now totally used to it. However I reckon the smaller iPad Mini 5 clamped directly in the RC’s jaws would be the perfect solution.

Reactions: ARam55
I tried my iPad Air with a Polarpro holder. The issue For me wasn’t the screen size but the weight/balance. (Might have been better had I had a lanyard.)

So I bought a used iPad mini 5 - problem solved. The screen is plenty big enough and the weight is negligible.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15