DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I pad trouble

I also bought the iPad 5 a few months back to use with the Fly app. I am experiencing no problems whatsoever. I use the iPad mini 5 successfully with the Mini2, the Mavic Air 2 and the DJI Air 2s.
I needed to read the box . The one that I bought was the 6th gen . The biggest difference between it and my old mini 4 is no home button and the new one uses a USB -C port . I like the old lightening port .

The mini 5 uses the USB-C port and it’s normally bullet proof . I dumped the fly app and reloaded it . Now I can’t get things up and working no matter what song and dance I try . Phone works and live view is up in about 3 seconds . Both of my older I pads never gave grief even once . I don’t know what to try now . I’m very frustrated . I’m a bit on the older side so the large screen is needed . Without the iPad it’s no fun for me .
You must have an iPad Mini 6. The 5 still had the Lightning port. That was the main reason I upgraded from the 5 to the 6. I upgraded from the 4 to the 5 when the Fly app came out because the processor in the 4 couldn't rock the new software. My iPad Mini 6 has always worked flawlessly. Despite what others say, I find the display plenty bright in all conditions.

I needed to read the box . The one that I bought was the 6th gen . The biggest difference between it and my old mini 4 is no home button and the new one uses a USB -C port . I like the old lightening port .
I hadn't seen this post yet when I replied to your other one about you having the iPad Mini 6. The cable is super important. If you aren't using the one that came in the box, buy one from DJI. I read stories about people having problems using inferior cables.

Reactions: Canuk
I hadn't seen this post yet when I replied to your other one about you having the iPad Mini 6. The cable is super important. If you aren't using the one that came in the box, buy one from DJI. I read stories about people having problems using inferior cables.
There is also this warning when using USB-C type cables to keep in mind.20220319_103454.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarstenG