DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I Phone Update : IOS 14 is a Game Changer for the flying the Drone.

Hasn't Android had these features for generations? And still no removable SD cards on iPhones?
I can't use a phone as a display device myself. Used my Galaxy s9+ instead of 9.7 iPad for the first time in 4 years a couple weeks ago and went in the creek. Telemetry is sooo small as to be useless and touch points are on the beveled edges where my screen protector has spider cracks.

If you've invested in the SC, nice, however you could easily enable do not disturb or airplane mode to prevent other phone activities from interfering with your flights..
A very big attribute for the SC is it remains charged until used exclusively for flying my drone. Then, it has enough charge to fly the Mavic Pro 2 with 5 battery exchanges. I’d hate to rely on my iPhone for that amount of flight time.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
A very big attribute for the SC is it remains charged until used exclusively for flying my drone. Then, it has enough charge to fly the Mavic Pro 2 with 5 battery exchanges. I’d hate to rely on my iPhone for that amount of flight time.
Unless your iPhone is already modestly discharged, It seems to me that you could easily fly for quite a while. The SC aside for a moment, since you charge everything else before one goes out to fly, in your case 5 batteries. Why wouldn't the controller, SC or original, and if using the original be fully charged and I would think your iPhone would also be fully charged.. which I would think would handle a couple hours of Fly Time.

I get it, people who can afford a SC love it, but unless a small windfall comes along, its not in my budget anytime soon... If it were in the price range I think if belongs in, might be considering one, but.... thats not going to happen anytime soon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beechpilot