DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I think I got new Mavic Mini World distance Record :)

• Thread starter Deleted member 109934
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
range test are just asking to loose your drone. I live in the desert and I'm sure I could fly out 3 or 4 miles or more over flat terrain probably a lot more just never had the desire to do so, and I really don't have to worry about loosing the drone, I just drive out to were it landed .
Curiosity doesn’t get the best of you?

Sorry, I also don't get why you'd do a range test over a large body of water?

few reasons:

- To avoid any interference
- I was always "one life' video gamer :)
- Safety, if this thing falls it will drown, if I will fly over the city it might hit someone, and there is no land I can land close by without people, Toronto is so huge and overpopulated.
- It makes me pay more attention to details (wind, temp, pressure etc.) and calculate flight time the way it would be real plane :)

I went back again to the same spot and did another range test. The wind was only 4 knots, but this time I had a headwind on the way back. Gentle breeze into the lake made the lake super flat and wi-fi signal to carry at maximum range. I have noticed waves on the lake change signal profile quite a lot.

S Mode and full gas straight. I knew where cellphone towers are and stayed as far from them as possible. 10m above the water to be able to use water as a wi-fi reflector.

I got to 4km mark and almost got paralyzed when I saw a message: low battery "return home" :) I pressed yes because I could not see how much battery I have left (white font on white sky = can't see it). AC stopped and slowly started to increase elevation to 30m and then slowly went back, and this took good 40 seconds before it was at speed going back, what I waste of time! I was so scared I forgot simple math and thought I would miss home by 200m. I was already thinking to order another AC as a replacement. On the way back still in sports mode full gas last 3-4 min I had constant message "Aircraft power insufficient", and speed dropped to 30-35km/h I think batteries had a hard time to keep up.

Since video transmission was not interrupted, I'm pretty sure it would go further. This was my last test; it is just stupid to go that far, too much stress and I just see no point.

Few tips for curious types:
  • No matter what, check the wind and ALWAYS make sure to have a tailwind on the way back; this way, you will help your batteries and achieve longer results.
  • DO not use return home; it just takes too much time. If you can't come back without RTH just don't run the test, I could manually turn back in 2-3 sec instead of 40s.
  • If you are doing the test over water waves, make a big difference.
  • The last tip: don't do it at all, it is not worth it, it does go to 4km what's the point?
Here is a video:

That’s 2.4 miles in America ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

I had binoculars.
I’m not commenting on VLOS, you were doing an extended range test and I get it. But I did want to point out that binoculars do not count as VLOS.

I went back again to the same spot and did another range test. The wind was only 4 knots, but this time I had a headwind on the way back. Gentle breeze into the lake made the lake super flat and wi-fi signal to carry at maximum range. I have noticed waves on the lake change signal profile quite a lot.

S Mode and full gas straight. I knew where cellphone towers are and stayed as far from them as possible. 10m above the water to be able to use water as a wi-fi reflector.

I got to 4km mark and almost got paralyzed when I saw a message: low battery "return home" :) I pressed yes because I could not see how much battery I have left (white font on white sky = can't see it). AC stopped and slowly started to increase elevation to 30m and then slowly went back, and this took good 40 seconds before it was at speed going back, what I waste of time! I was so scared I forgot simple math and thought I would miss home by 200m. I was already thinking to order another AC as a replacement. On the way back still in sports mode full gas last 3-4 min I had constant message "Aircraft power insufficient", and speed dropped to 30-35km/h I think batteries had a hard time to keep up.

Since video transmission was not interrupted, I'm pretty sure it would go further. This was my last test; it is just stupid to go that far, too much stress and I just see no point.

Few tips for curious types:
  • No matter what, check the wind and ALWAYS make sure to have a tailwind on the way back; this way, you will help your batteries and achieve longer results.
  • DO not use return home; it just takes too much time. If you can't come back without RTH just don't run the test, I could manually turn back in 2-3 sec instead of 40s.
  • If you are doing the test over water waves, make a big difference.
  • The last tip: don't do it at all, it is not worth it, it does go to 4km what's the point?
Here is a video:

Nice run... But I have the Stock FFC Flight Long Range Distance WR for the Mavic Mini. For Now...

Please post an entry into the leaderboard. Multiple distances are accepted.
97A76EDF-5355-47DE-8099-3B9AFD688017.jpeg

Reactions: dirkclod
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu