DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I think that I shall pass on the Mavic 3 Pro for an Air 3 now that the lens specs have been revealed.

DanJ

Reactions
A 24 mm equivalent f1.7 and a 70 mm equivalent f2.8.

If that is true, that is good news. Hopefully the 70mm lens is backed by a 1/1.3 sensor (same as in Mavic 3 Pro). This might be the first drone after the Mavic 2 Pro that I will consider buying.
Now, if only it comes with an adjustable aperture it would be perfect...

Reactions: DanJ
If that is true, that is good news. Hopefully the 70mm lens is backed by a 1/1.3 sensor (same as in Mavic 3 Pro). This might be the first drone after the Mavic 2 Pro that I will consider buying.
Image quality is great on the Air 2S and if you have the right tools can enlarge stills to beyond usable sizes without loss of quality.
As to the variable aperture, all of my shooting is done around sunrise so I dont really need it. Shooting wide open is just fine by me.

Reactions: blackbirdsr72
It's not 1" though on the main imager. Looks to be the same sensor as the MIni 3 Pro.

If that is the case that is a huge issue
I mean, I have no proof of it but F1.7 28mm equiv is identical to the Mini 3. Makes sense that the sensor is the same.

I mean, I have no proof of it but F1.7 28mm equiv is identical to the Mini 3. Makes sense that the sensor is the same.
Makes sense as your right those specs match up with the mini 3 pro.Still is a great sensor to have.
The tele lens is suppose to be 70mm according to dronexl,which if that is indeed true surprises me.
As I was expecting the 7x 166mm.additional one

Last edited:
All i know is that there better be an INTERNAL FAN becuase if they pull a fast one like they did with the Mini 3 Pro its going to be a dud in my book.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water, and Pray for Internal Fan.

Reactions: G-dwag
All i know is that there better be an INTERNAL FAN becuase if they pull a fast one like they did with the Mini 3 Pro its going to be a dud in my book.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water, and Pray for Internal Fan.
Also hope they corrected the lens fogging issue they had in the mini 3 pro,as the air 3 looks to have the same
designed camera housing.I would think there will be a fan in the air 3.And if there is no cooling fan forget it.

I have been trying to understand this release and how there going to separate it action from the Mavic 3 Pro and considering what they did on the Mini 3 Pro was insane to me. I hope I am wrong and this is GOAT but its not making sense they made a 2 headed Snake .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

I'd love a variable aperture as well! I don't expect it, but it would be nice for sure.

It's a big Meh from me having seen the camera specs I don't see the point in this craft over the Mini 3 Pro for me.
Kind of wishing I hadn't sold my Air 2S at this point.

I see this as a potential replacement for my aging Mavic 2 Pro. Been wanting a longer focal length lens option anyway. Can't wait to see the rest of the specs. I still want a Mini 3 Pro for international travel.

If the main wide angle camera has only a 1/1.3" sensor, I will keep my Mavic 2 Pro drones.

Air 2S has a 1" on its 1x, so I'm guessing the Air 3 wide camera would have to at least have that and not a 1/1.3, yeah?

I really wish they'd just release something with a 1" sensor & optical zoom, rather than mating fixed cameras together with varying tech that may or may not shoot d-log depending which cam you're switched to. This lack of consistency between cameras in these dual and tri-cam offerings is kind of lame.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lschabert