DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I Think This Was Pilot Error!

I like how it just bounced off that tree.
Makes me want to consider looking for a prop cage for my M2 for close in flights.

Makes me want to consider looking for a prop cage for my M2 for close in flights.
Yea, that's my front yard and I have been playing there a good bit. I been putting the guards on when doing it because obviously my flight skills are a "little" lacking.

All I saw was a tree viscously jump out of nowhere and attack your mini. Nature is sometimes cruel.lol ?
Blue skies...from SoCal

Reactions: Surfnut and fRog2
well at least you know the guards work

i have just twigged, you certainly branched out there couldnt see the woods for the trees

Yea for prop guards! Make sure you have RTH set to hover while flying under trees. Prop guards won't help much if it raises up into the branches, besides perhaps preventing a fall by getting stuck in one. Then you get to test your tree-climbing skills!

The MINI is wonderfully stable on a calm day, and no doubt lots of "newbies" will be flying it - so just remember if things appear to be getting out of hand, just let go of all the joysticks, let the drone stop and hover, and you have all the time in the world to think about your next move.

Great to see the prop-guards doing their job though. Enjoy your flying!

Yea for prop guards! Make sure you have RTH set to hover while flying under trees. Prop guards won't help much if it raises up into the branches, besides perhaps preventing a fall by getting stuck in one. Then you get to test your tree-climbing skills!
it would seem that that option is not available on the MM yet

it would seem that that option is not available on the MM yet
Thanks. I should hold back on any MM comments, considering it is a new craft with a different control app and I do not have one. I was hoping that a basic RTH setting like hover would be available. Perhaps in future updates it will be.

Reactions: old man mavic
no worries several post have commented on the lack of such an option, maybe because it does not have any obstacle avoidance sensors ,then it would not be able to detect anything around it anyway so it would not know how far away it was from an obstacle

Reactions: Skyflyer129
no worries several post have commented on the lack of such an option, maybe because it does not have any obstacle avoidance sensors ,then it would not be able to detect anything around it anyway so it would not know how far away it was from an obstacle
Actually not having OA is exactly the call for hover or land as an option on signal loss.

There was a hint the option will exist as it did on first version of app for iOS or Android when no MM was ever connected.

George, George, George of the jungle, strong as he can be!
AGGRRGGWWWWWWWWWWwww!!!!
Watch out for that tree!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro