DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I want to buy a Mavic Air 2 in Indonesia and charge with 110v and /or 12v system on a boat.

SV Ashika

Reactions
Hi, I'm locked down in Tual, Indonesia, but can order a Mavic Air 2 from Jakarta. As with any electronics I buy here, I have to consider their charge. I dont speak the language, so I'm wondering if anyone here knows: 1. Would the unit be a Euro model? 2. Is there an International model? 3. How do I adapt to charge on my California boat (110v and 12v)? Thanks. Lauri

Hi, I'm locked down in Tual, Indonesia, but can order a Mavic Air 2 from Jakarta. As with any electronics I buy here, I have to consider their charge. I dont speak the language, so I'm wondering if anyone here knows: 1. Would the unit be a Euro model? 2. Is there an International model? 3. How do I adapt to charge on my California boat (110v and 12v)? Thanks. Lauri
2. There is only one model - the same for all markets and regions.
3. the Air 2 charger is multi-voltage (100-240 V, 50/60 Hz, 1.3 A input), just plug in a cord to suit whatever powerpoints you are using or use an adapter.
Or to charge from 12V you'd need something like this:

Reactions: mrjohnc1
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

If you can specify a mains plug to suit home, it might be more convenient that having to use an adapter when in CA.
Using one in Indonesia for the rest of your stay is better I would think, unless you do spend more time there.
There are 2 plug types in a lot of Asian countries, so makes even more sense to get one with a US plug if possible.

What about FCC / CE differences ?
Not sure if the aircraft will just adapt to when you return to CA, it might.

Check if the Flymore includes a 12v charger, I don't think it does anyway, so add that to your order either buying the flymore, or basic drone package.

2. There is only one model - the same for all markets and regions.
3. the Air 2 charger is multi-voltage (100-240 V, 50/60 Hz, 1.3 A input), just plug in a cord to suit whatever powerpoints you are using or use an adapter.
Or to charge from 12V you'd need something like this:
Thank you, I will order the car charger. It sounds like I will need some sort of adapter to use 110v.

If you can specify a mains plug to suit home, it might be more convenient that having to use an adapter when in CA.
Using one in Indonesia for the rest of your stay is better I would think, unless you do spend more time there.
There are 2 plug types in a lot of Asian countries, so makes even more sense to get one with a US plug if possible.

What about FCC / CE differences ?
Not sure if the aircraft will just adapt to when you return to CA, it might.

Check if the Flymore includes a 12v charger, I don't think it does anyway, so add that to your order either buying the flymore, or basic drone package.
My boats main plugs are California style. I will try to find out if I can specify US type plugs. Its anyone's guess how long we'll be here. The lockdown set us back a year, so I thought it might be time to get some of our journey using a drone. Thanks for the advice.

Thank you, I will order the car charger. It sounds like I will need some sort of adapter to use 110v.

No, the one mains charger works for 110v, 240v, etc . . . it's the outlet plug you have to get right for your most needed place you spend your time.
I'm not sure if the plugs in Indonesia are same as US.

The 12v charger will be handy anyway, I find all my 12v chargers, be they for the drones or battery tools, all charger faster on the 12v than mains.

My boats main plugs are California style. I will try to find out if I can specify US type plugs. Its anyone's guess how long we'll be here. The lockdown set us back a year, so I thought it might be time to get some of our journey using a drone. Thanks for the advice.

Ah you have US outlets in the boat . . . and locked up down in Indonesia . . . yes see if you can get US outlets, and use the adapter for Indo power outlets.

If the power supply is like all other DJI chargers, it comes with an input lead with a standard figure 8 plug like a lot of computer devices.
Like this:
spectrum-power-lead-cable-cord-male-ac-to-female-2m-au-figure-8-plug-1.jpg

The only adapter you would need is a standard figure 8 cable with a power plug to fit whatever power outlet suits.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum :)

If the power supply is like all other DJI chargers, it comes with an input lead with a standard figure 8 plug like a lot of computer devices.
Like this:
spectrum-power-lead-cable-cord-male-ac-to-female-2m-au-figure-8-plug-1.jpg

The only adapter you would need is a standard figure 8 cable with a power plug to fit whatever power outlet suits.
Thats exactly what I wanted to know. And.. I have a figure 8 with a proper US plug. I am living on my boat, there are no slanted outlets available to me. One day soon I'll share some photos of this place and you'll see what I'm talking about. No reason not to pull the trigger now.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S