DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I was finally getting ready to fly my new M2Z.................

Jeff A

Well Worn Member
Reactions
But, I could not clear the Magnetic Interference, Check App message. DJI said send it in and I will start over with a new one. What a bummer!

Yeah, thats disheartening... All I can say is take the next one, or the same one if you still have it, to a different location, check compass, then after a few successful flights, take it to the same location where you had this issue and see what the compass shows. Then you can at least determine if it was for sure the drone or the location, which you might be suprised where you find magnetic anomolies... I sure was!

Reactions: Gindra and dirkclod
If you have only tried it in one spot move. Like was said you might be in a bad spot . DJI always says to send it back in but that’s the last option I would do.

Assuming you've done both compass calibration procedures, one for the Smart Controller and one for the drone (under sensors)? I ask as I didn't initially know where on the menus the one for the drone was and the Smart Controller compass calibration continually failed until I did the drone.

Stay out of construction of concrete because they are usually full of iron which disturbs the compass.

But, I could not clear the Magnetic Interference, Check App message. DJI said send it in and I will start over with a new one. What a bummer!
Would be interesting to know if it was just the one takeoff point or did you try different locations before you sent it off. Thanks.

Reactions: fleurdelisxliv
Yeah, thats disheartening... All I can say is take the next one, or the same one if you still have it, to a different location, check compass, then after a few successful flights, take it to the same location where you had this issue and see what the compass shows. Then you can at least determine if it was for sure the drone or the location, which you might be suprised where you find magnetic anomolies... I sure was!
I wasa hoping to fix it but it seems there is a short period for returns without using your 1 of 2 replacements for Care Refresh. I only purchased it 7 days before but they sounded like I just made it on the return side. Previous calls for support were handled by "Off Shore" agents who didn't seem to have heard of the error message. Ther Rep I spoke with yesterday was California based and he said it was probably a bad compass and did no further troubleshooting.

Would be interesting to know if it was just the one takeoff point or did you try different locations before you sent it off. Thanks.
It has never been flown.

Ther Rep I spoke with yesterday was California based and he said it was probably a bad compass and did no further troubleshooting.
Let me correct that as I pursued it. It is a repair facility in
California but all calls are rerouted to Asia. They speak
perfect English but they are not here. Tahoe Ed is and has
a Office in Burbank and I pinned him down on that.

Assuming you've done both compass calibration procedures, one for the Smart Controller and one for the drone (under sensors)? I ask as I didn't initially know where on the menus the one for the drone was and the Smart Controller compass calibration continually failed until I did the drone.
I don't think I realized that there's a compass calibration for the controller. Where does one find that (or maybe no need to look if no errors are reported!)?

The drone has required it after I've traveled that 30 or 50 miles from last flight limit.

I don't think I realized that there's a compass calibration for the controller. Where does one find that (or maybe no need to look if no errors are reported!)?

The drone has required it after I've traveled that 30 or 50 miles from last flight limit.

The Smart Controller compass calibration is under Settings - Compass. No need for drone to be powered up. From SC power up screen, swipe down to open the menu, then tap the settings "gear looking" icon at the top of the screen. Scroll down the menu on the left side and tap on "Compass". Hold SC away from any magnetic sources and follow diagram instructions.

At least from my limited knowledge (and I'm new at this) this calibration only serves to let the SC know which direction it's facing. This allows the map reference to correlate with map on the screen. A fault with SC compass cal will show up as an error on the screen at start up, but IIRC, won't prevent flight.

Reactions: ff22
The TeslaRecorder app is an easy way to assess potential magnetic interference. I use it, along with an anemometer, as the first item on the checklist when I arrive at a site, before I even take the RPA out of its case.

Reactions: ff22
The TeslaRecorder app is an easy way to assess potential magnetic interference. I use it, along with an anemometer, as the first item on the checklist when I arrive at a site, before I even take the RPA out of its case.
Is that the name of the app in the Google store?

That’s it’s name on the iOS App Store. There are bound to be similar apps for Android. Search for EMR or magnetic field or metal detector etc.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78