DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I was never told to update my batteries' firmware. Is that odd?

torqum

Reactions
I bought my Mavic in February of 2017 but updated the firmware for the very first time only yesterday. I was expecting after the update was completed that when I swapped out the battery that had been used during the update for the spare battery and then entered DJI Go that it would tell me I needed to update the battery's firmware, but I got no such message. I guess there's nothing to worry about if there's no warning message, but why wasn't I told to update the firmware of the spare battery? Is that not how it works?

Reactions: Cliff Cole
why wasn't I told to update the firmware of the spare battery?
If the battery firmware needs to be updated, you'll see an "Inconsistent Firmware Found" message in DJI GO like this. Battery firmware is not updated often, so it would not be out of the ordinary for someone to have never seen that message.

Reactions: anotherlab
If the battery firmware needs to be updated, you'll see an "Inconsistent Firmware Found" message in DJI GO like this. Battery firmware is not updated often, so it would not be out of the ordinary for someone to have never seen that message.
That being said, it would be a lot less confusing if DJI Go could just show "Battery firmware outdated" instead of "Inconsistent Firmware Found"

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54