DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I was planning to buy MA but now I am not sure

DJPedram

Reactions
with MA owners having wifi connectivity issue, should I just buy MP. I am just worried that they will not support it after all these years specially since the product was launch in 2016.

what do you think? i am first time owner, never owned a drone and i dont want to lose my drone.

My options are as follows:

a) Mavic Air - fly more combo fro $999

b) Mavic Pro - fly more combo fro $1170

c) Mavic Pro - refurbished for $800.

Now if I am deciding between option b & c, do I really need the extra battery?

I am just worried that they will not support it after all these years specially since the product was launch in 2016.
DJI still supports drones they released years prior to the Mavic Pro release, so I wouldn't worry about this one.

Reactions: ToddR
I am debating if the signal drop is significant. should I go with older models?

Yes you do need more batteries.
But "Fly more combo" is good if you want all the things included. It was cheaper for me to buy MP a extra batteries than combo as I need different accessories and not these included in combo.

with MA owners having wifi connectivity issue, should I just buy MP. I am just worried that they will not support it after all these years specially since the product was launch in 2016.

what do you think? i am first time owner, never owned a drone and i dont want to lose my drone.
If your biggest concern is losing your drone, then get the pro. It has Occusync for better connection and range, a display on the RC you can use if (when) Go 4 crashes, and longer flight time. With so many MP's out there, I wouldn't worry about support. DJI support is only for one year any way.

Reactions: ToddR
I am debating if the signal drop is significant.
I haven't had any issues with my Mavic Air yet. Then again, I usually only fly it within VLOS.

Have you seen lots of people complaining about the signal dropping? I mostly only see Mavic Pro owners attempting to steer others away from the Mavic Air because they believe the signal is going to be too poor to fly.

Despite what you hear, there is no "connectivity issue" with the Air. I have both and use both daily in my work. Yes the Pro does have a greater range once your beyond a few miles, but this is a ridiculous reason to say there is a "connectivity issue." I have used my Air in a suburban (read, filled with wifi) and went over a mile away without a dramatic loss of signal. At the coast, I have gone 3 miles over the water with the Air with ZERO noticeable loss of signal. Also despite what you hear the pro is not a "better" drone, thats a ridiculously vague statement. I could make a post detailing why either one is the "best drone."

the Air's camera is better, plain and simple, it has greater detail, and the gimbal is much better on the air. It also looks nicer, and is much more compact and easier to carry and use. Its faster and it has better navigation and obstacle avoidance systems.

the Pro lasts longer, it does have a dedicated transmission system which gives it a slightly greater range (we are talk way beyond VLOS). Beyond that, I cant think of a reason the Pro is "better."

I use my drones for real estate, and commercial reasons, and I usually carry two drones, my phantom for the major work, and a backup. This used to be the pro. What I use to judge as a "better" drone? As im running out of the house to a job, what do I grab? usually the air.

I haven't had any issues with my Mavic Air yet. Then again, I usually only fly it within VLOS.

Have you seen lots of people complaining about the signal dropping? I mostly only see Mavic Pro owners attempting to steer others away from the Mavic Air because they believe the signal is going to be too poor to fly.

beautiful response, most people steering you away from the Air are Pro owners who hate feeling there is another drone out there that is as good or better in any way than the pro.

Reactions: swooshdave
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earthflute