DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I was wrong, my Mavic Air sucks.

Looks fine to me. You're in a noisy WiFi area so there's going to be issues with live feed backs. Do you have true colour on there? Don't forget you also have a fixed aperture so you will need to fit a filter if filming and flying. Shooting during the correct times of day is also paramount. Any issues let me know [email protected]

Thank you so much, I really appreciate the information. I’ll start with learning the histogram and take it from there. Excited to get started.

There are great tutorials for Lightroom. Goaskerin.com and Lynda.com. They are the best. Much of the free stuff on using Lightroom on Youtube is not worth the time. I am always glad to help ([email protected]) if you want.

Reactions: Callum
Looks normal to me.

I steer away from auto exposure, because it will either blow out the sky or make the ground too dark. Set exposure to manual, and use the EV setting to just keep the highlights from blowing out. The other issues, color saturation, etc. can be dealt with by changing the style setting to have more saturation and contrast, or even better you can deal with it later in editing. Pointing toward the sun is going to cause some amount of flare in any case.

It's not the drone's fault. It has the same camera as the Mavic Pro, but with a wider angle lens.

There are great tutorials for Lightroom. Goaskerin.com and Lynda.com. They are the best. Much of the free stuff on using Lightroom on Youtube is not worth the time. I am always glad to help ([email protected]) if you want.

Thanks again, I will check those tutorials out as soon as I get home. I’ve been playing around with Lightroom a bit since reading everyone’s advice and it has made a huge difference. I can’t wait until I actually have some nice weather to work with. I still have a lot to learn obviously but it’s a fun process.

not if your drone already flew away or had a power failure causing the disconnection from the remote due to the bad firmware update or glitch..

even if the flight logs show perfect flight, no abuse or cause of the total disruption DJI will NEVER EVER EVER cover the loss of a power failure with the warranty, even if you identify the alert from your remote indicated POWER MALFUNCTION!

THEY ONLY WANT YOU TO SEND IN RUBBISH TO CHARGE YOU, as they make a buck on parts and so anything else will result is lies, excuses, deception, phantom members on forums and other social media sites, the only reason there are so many DJI people on for example YOUTUBE is because they are making more on after sales then sales! its a scam!

Uh, no it's not your job. This is the Air forum. Get out of here and go back to the Pro forum if you own a P4. We don't need your "truth" help. You bought a used Mavic Pro from a store and now you're upset because you think it's DJI's fault you got taken on a used Mavic Pro.

Uh, no it's not your job. Get out of here and go back to the Pro forum if you own a P4. We don't need your "truth" help. You bought a used Mavic Pro from a store and now you're upset because you think it's DJI's fault you got taken on a used Mavic Pro.
So your asserting that it is your job to be on these forums and any honest criticism should be censored? criticizing other peoples opinion to flood the thread is what trolls do you know.

I returned 3 mavic airs after testing them in the last few weeks,
2-out of focus cameras,
1-never met the expectations of distance beyond 500m

A friend of mine has went through 2 and kept the second one, it soars like a bird too, when they work they are marvelous and from what i learned from other REAL owners is that when they do work NEVER EVER EVER update the app or firmware...DONT trust anything until 2-3 weeks after the updates are released.

This babe has a Mavic Pro and uses her sisters iPhone 5s with a older version of the DJIgo4 App, never had a crash, issue or problem since she downgraded a year ago, her sister on the other hand watched her mavic pro hover in the air once with no control from the remote until it landed on the roof of a neighbors house., she had to pay to have it repaired, not fair but she can afford it, lucky DJI because i dont think its fair, how ever she downgraded and since then also NEVER had an issue, the two sisters fly their mavics almost EVERY day 3-4 times., no issues for one year with hours of flying every day soudns like what i want from a drone., i would stick to the advise i just shared.

I think im fair to say not all DJI products are perfect dont you?

how they deal with the issues is a person to person case.

I'll stick to my opinion that you are faking it. If a person had so many issues with the Air, they would post in the Air forum. You profess that you are providing honest criticism and yet we haven't seen a single post from you regarding all of this drama. I am going to let it go and let other members form their own opinions about your "honest criticism".

I'll stick to my opinion that you are faking it. If a person had so many issues with the Air, they would post in the Air forum. You profess that you are providing honest criticism and yet we haven't seen a single post from you regarding all of this drama. I am going to let it go and let other members form their own opinions about your "honest criticism".
the public has the right to their own opinion trial and error, so you speak for yourself when you dont like anything that contradicts your presence here.

My Air flies great, as well as my Mavic Pro.. when I see someone post a bunch of nonsense dribble I ignore it or blame pilot error which is majority of what I see on her for crashes

My Air flies great, as well as my Mavic Pro.. when I see someone post a bunch of nonsense dribble I ignore it or blame pilot error which is majority of what I see on her for crashes
I agree, but one must take into account that we can learn from each other in forums to examine case by case instead of help dismiss it because DJI has a huge after sales business with parts.

speaking only as individual in my personal opinion, Dji products are early access product designs, very innovative, using the early adopters as beta testers.

not sure what to tell you, as a solution, I would suggest sending in your product and letting them run the diagnostic tools they have available, which should be made public, but the liability is tremendous, as most firmwares are public beta tests in my opinion. but i digress..

ive had my mavic running "off the grid" since aug 2017, .900 firmware a long with a dedicated device that never goes online. zero problems rock solid.

did i get "lucky" im not sure. send it in see what they say, you spent good money though, demand a product that is as solid as the vehicle you drive ;)

good luck! keep us updated

I returned 3 mavic airs after testing them in the last few weeks,
2-out of focus cameras,
1-never met the expectations of distance beyond 500m....

What! It's taken me that time to have one Mavic Air delivered directly from DJI and I've had it for no more than 36 hours now. How on earth have you managed to get one, set it up, appraise it, return it, get another, set it up, appraise it, return it, get a 3rd one, set it up, appraise it and then return it in that same time frame? I'm not in the business of calling people I don't know fibbers but this is a bit of a stretch unless you have a store locally that's literally got loads of them in stock?

BTW I'll update this thread. Despite not showing great examples of the images problems DJI Overnighted next day air by 10:30am a brand new Mavic Air, which was VASTLY improved. No issues with image sensor. It was definitely a defective mavic air. New one is fantastic. Took it too Cancun and shot great footage. Loved it over my Mavic Pro. Can't wait for Mavic Pro 2

What! It's taken me that time to have one Mavic Air delivered directly from DJI and I've had it for no more than 36 hours now. How on earth have you managed to get one, set it up, appraise it, return it, get another, set it up, appraise it, return it, get a 3rd one, set it up, appraise it and then return it in that same time frame? I'm not in the business of calling people I don't know fibbers but this is a bit of a stretch unless you have a store locally that's literally got loads of them in stock?

DJI Service is really fast if you follow their instructions. I literally had 10 hour turn around from the time they received my drone, the new one the next morning. They are stepping up their game. I put DJI Select, DJI Care in giant letters all over outside of box. New drone was sent overnight from about 80mi away in california.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
ev
BTW I'll update this thread. Despite not showing great examples of the images problems DJI Overnighted next day air by 10:30am a brand new Mavic Air, which was VASTLY improved. No issues with image sensor. It was definitely a defective mavic air. New one is fantastic. Took it too Cancun and shot great footage. Loved it over my Mavic Pro. Can't wait for Mavic Pro 2
everything DJI makes is great when it works, best thing since the invention of the camera

eventually they go wrong like everything as well..

i just had a spark replaced, it was amazing when it worked, then one day pooof, compass error, yaw error, the remote showed red light, no syc with remote, no video feed, even with drone in site you would think it was there when you walked over to control it to land as your the flight video logged and find my drone show the sparks last position then you get there wait wait, bye bye flyaway.

i later came home to see the flight logs and discovered it flew away during the few secs in site while i was inspecting the remote (with this yaw error)..

how in the world can you keep a drone this small in site with a remote AND a iphone all the the same time, maybe we need more cameras but anyway your welcome to look at the log to get an idea of what an actual fly away looks like DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Last edited:
DJI Service is really fast if you follow their instructions. I literally had 10 hour turn around from the time they received my drone, the new one the next morning. They are stepping up their game. I put DJI Select, DJI Care in giant letters all over outside of box. New drone was sent overnight from about 80mi away in california.
that's great news.. pls do post some videos from your new bird..!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR