DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I was wrong, my Mavic Air sucks.

ckizer

Reactions
I was initially very sweet on my Mavic Air. I don't know if it's the firmware update, or if I have a defective Mavic Air. All the footage is super dark, or blown out. It will take another 2 hours to upload the clips to dropbox but it's extremely disappointing. I did 4 flights now and it seems to be getting worse.

Here's a youtube of my first video. Jump to 49 seconds to see. I have the settings right. Any ideas? Did I get a defective drone? Video of the blow outs will be included when the are finished uploading.

Some of this is auto white balance, but I assure you in the other videos (which are taking forever to upload) you'll see what appears to be issues:

Also be sure and check it out at 24seconds for a strange video "glitch" recorded to the internal storage.

well, only you can answer whether or not you upgraded the firmware when you got it

it's recommended by DJI that you do so before flying it

Here's the bloom in the middle. Be sure to get towards the end of the video:

Here's it set to Sunny. It looks like some 1970s no-color footage.

Here's some 2.7k footage, go into the middle and it almost looks like there is water or something fogging the lens.

Here's it set to Sunny. It looks like some 1970s no-color footage.
The grass looks green to me, and the sky looks blue--color balance is easily corrected if you're shooting D-log and to a certain extent even if you're not. If you are shooting D-log it is expected that all the colors will be fairly muted. It's like shooting RAW with a DSLR--you expect to have to adjust the color, increase saturation etc. to get it to look like what your eye remembers, but the advantage is that all the data is there, just waiting to be tweaked.

I'm only seeing issues with the third one... it is kind of soft in the middle, and there looks like possibly some radio interference too. The first two look like fairly normal ungraded footage. Small sensors will not give you a lot of shadow detail, but otherwise I'm not sure I see any issues.

I assume that you're flying without the protective bubble over the lens...?

Video looks awful. Are you sure you don't have a fingerprint on the lens? You did peel the sticker off?

I've been quite happy with my videos so far. Maybe try to reset factory setting in dji assistant 2 and refresh the firmware. This has fixed some weird stuff before...it can't hurt to try.

Do you have the mavic Pro? I mean all my videos are much worse than my pro. That’s why I think I might just have a defective unit.

It's almost like you're flying with the tinted gimbal protector cover on :eek:

The Air units I've flown have not looked anything like this. Unfortunately you may have a sensor issue. First I'd recommend sharing this with DJI support and then getting that exchanged either through your dealer or DJI directly.

Reactions: ckizer
It's almost like you're flying with the tinted gimbal protector cover on :eek:

The Air units I've flown have not looked anything like this. Unfortunately you may have a sensor issue. First I'd recommend sharing this with DJI support and then getting that exchanged either through your dealer or DJI directly.

Believe me, I immediately thought "oh i must have left some lens film protector on or something" Nada. I'm gonna get it exchange from DJI. All the other Air footage I've looked at on the net looks really great.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myofb89