DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I would appreciate your honest critique

The Silloutes are excellent, however the zooming in on them afterwards has no purpose , I would also try to go from a Silloute and than fade into a more exposed area before you move into the Next one, thus keeping it more organized.

As someone that captures Storms I see an amazing potential where your flying to Capture the Ligntning over that incredible city. WOW

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Capture the Storm .

It's a nice video but ..... and this is not a Drone police post, rather I am just wondering if you are exposing yourself to the possibility of an FAA letter.
Is the Statue of Liberty a NFZ? I have a recollection of reading that it might be.
Also it is 305ft AGL to the top of the torch and the drone was above the torch and presumably over water so it must have been close to 400ft AGL if not above it.

Videos like these are really important because they show even with Restrictions in place for safety , that you can still Fly an caputre some great video especially with the new Zooms coming out. Lets not Scare everyone with FAA lettters , when its obvious they were doing there best to fly safely .

Mabe one day the FAA will simply make a Rule that you can not show any Land Mark on any drone video but for now outside views from a Distance are still allowed in the US outside of 400 ft .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Capture the Storm.

Hudson River is class B airspace.
As for the video, it's dark and doesn't have a story.

It's a nice video but ..... and this is not a Drone police post, rather I am just wondering if you are exposing yourself to the possibility of an FAA letter.
Is the Statue of Liberty a NFZ? I have a recollection of reading that it might be.
Also it is 305ft AGL to the top of the torch and the drone was above the torch and presumably over water so it must have been close to 400ft AGL if not above it.
I did my research ahead of time and there is a 400ft NFZ around the statue. The photos that look close are just zoomed in images. If you get too close to the statue, DJI gives you a warning.

The Silloutes are excellent, however the zooming in on them afterwards has no purpose , I would also try to go from a Silloute and than fade into a more exposed area before you move into the Next one, thus keeping it more organized.

As someone that captures Storms I see an amazing potential where your flying to Capture the Ligntning over that incredible city. WOW

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Capture the Storm .
Thanks for your comments, can you please elaborate on what you mean by "fade into a more exposed area" If you have a video example link you could send me that would be awsome.

Hudson River is class B airspace.
As for the video, it's dark and doesn't have a story.
Thanks for the comments, I wasn't trying to build a story just create a nice short video with some of my decent video and photo captures. If you could send me a link to a video that takes the same kind of images and creates a nice story with it, as an example, I would appreciate.

Reactions: michaeldallen1
I really enjoyed the video. Not the music, so much, but the video and editing was very well done. My only suggestion is to get up earlier and get out there before the sun is in the sky, but the lights are still on in the Manhattan buildings. Do a hyperlapse of the sunrise so we can see the transition from night to day. Most partly cloudy days, the sky is amazing not at sunrise, but just before.

Here is a shot taken facing east about 10 minutes before sunrise the day before yesterday,

Attachments

• Colorful sunrise SM 10.13.23 DSC_3746 copy.jpg
    Colorful sunrise SM 10.13.23 DSC_3746 copy.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 8
I really enjoyed the video. Not the music, so much, but the video and editing was very well done. My only suggestion is to get up earlier and get out there before the sun is in the sky, but the lights are still on in the Manhattan buildings. Do a hyperlapse of the sunrise so we can see the transition from night to day. Most partly cloudy days, the sky is amazing not at sunrise, but just before.

Here is a shot taken facing east about 10 minutes before sunrise the day before yesterday,
The music wasn't doing it for me either. Here's an appropriate suggestion:

Thanks for the advice, nice picture!

The scene at 0.11 (the timelapse) needs stabilisation.
In the scenes at 0.27, 1:10 it is very clear that they are a crop / zoom of the original scenes. They need upscaling.
0.29 Scene tilted to the right.
Around 0.47 something strange happens with the image, as if the camera is re-focusing.
1:01 I see barrel distortion in the picture.
1:14 Scene repeated or very similar to the previous ones.

As a general comment, and for my taste, the colours and light of the video are too dull for a sunset. On the other hand, they are not consistent throughout the video either.

The scene at 0.11 (the timelapse) needs stabilisation.
In the scenes at 0.27, 1:10 it is very clear that they are a crop / zoom of the original scenes. They need upscaling.
0.29 Scene tilted to the right.
Around 0.47 something strange happens with the image, as if the camera is re-focusing.
1:01 I see barrel distortion in the picture.
1:14 Scene repeated or very similar to the previous ones.

As a general comment, and for my taste, the colours and light of the video are too dull for a sunset. On the other hand, they are not consistent throughout the video either.
Thanks!

Reactions: DiscoverSpain

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d