DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I would really appreciate any help...

timmylogue

Reactions
I just purchased the Mavic 2 Pro. This drone is incredible. Until now I can’t use it.

I’ve been flying the Mavic Air for about a year (with no issues) and I’ve recently sold it about 4 days ago. This is where the problem began. I doubt it has anything to do with what I’m about to explain... but I dunno.

Today, I took my Mavic 2 Pro out for the 3rd time today. When I turned the aircraft on with the controller and my iPhone 11 plugged in - opened the DJI Go 4 app… I saw the fly now blue button. Once I clicked the fly now button I got an "Aircraft Disconnected" message. I spent about 30 minutes in the car trying to see what was going on. I ended up going home and doing more research.

Aircraft disconnected screenshot:
IMG_0106.PNG

After hours of trying many different things (watching videos and reading forums) from people telling me to re-link the controller to the aircraft to doing a factory reset.

Factory reset with Mac:
I’ve installed the assistant software to see if I could do a factory reset. I tried it first on my Mac. I noticed every time I plugged in my Mavic to my Mac that it would kinda lag out my computer every 3 to 5 seconds. I tried plugging in the controller to see what would happen with the assistant software - it had no issues with that showing up. It allowed me to downgrade the controller etc..

Factory reset with Windows 10:
So, I tried to see what my windows laptop would do. I installed the assistant software on my windows 10 laptop and plugged in the Mavic and it just kept making that windows devices install sound over and over and over again - it seemed like it couldn’t install the drivers. I tried plugging in the controller and it installed the controller with no issues. I was able to see the control and do a reset/downgrade if I wanted to.

So, that leaves me with something is wrong with the Mavic itself….

Currently no Indicator lights are coming on when I power on the Mavic. I don’t even hear the sound effect it usually does normally. It does power on and the gimbal does it start up process.

Here is the latest video of me powering the Mavic on
IMG_0103.MOV

I’ve tried multiple times turning off the aircraft and controller. I’ve tried a different cable as well with using the USB port on the bottom. I did get the app and controller to connect a few hours ago and saw the camera turn on and show on the iPhone screen but there was a “No Image Transmission Signal” message and I think at times it also displayed a “IMU Calibration”. I ended up doing the IMU Calibration a few times. Nothing...

Here's a video of me powering on the remote. You'll see that it doesn’t connect to the Mavic.
IMG_0104.MOV

Here was a screenshot earlier today from the DJI GO 4 app.
IMG_0102.PNG

Here is the latest screenshot error from the DJI GO 4 app.
IMG_0107.PNG

I'm stuck and I'm a little stressed since I just purchased this drone. The 45 minutes that I've used this drone was incredible. Has anyone else ever had this issue?

I purchased the Mavic at Best Buy. If I return this to Best Buy they will charge me a 20% restocking fee. I did sign up for the DJ refresh program the day I activated it. I’ve never crashed this drone. It has maybe 45 mins total of flight time.

I really appreciate any help.

- Timothy

Reactions: Drone Master
I just purchased the Mavic 2 Pro. This drone is incredible. Until now I can’t use it.

I’ve been flying the Mavic Air for about a year (with no issues) and I’ve recently sold it about 4 days ago. This is where the problem began. I doubt it has anything to do with what I’m about to explain... but I dunno.

Today, I took my Mavic 2 Pro out for the 3rd time today. When I turned the aircraft on with the controller and my iPhone 11 plugged in - opened the DJI Go 4 app… I saw the fly now blue button. Once I clicked the fly now button I got an "Aircraft Disconnected" message. I spent about 30 minutes in the car trying to see what was going on. I ended up going home and doing more research.

IMG_0106.PNG

After hours of trying many different things (watching videos and reading forums) from people telling me to re-link the controller to the aircraft to doing a factory reset.

Factory reset with Mac:
I’ve installed the assistant software to see if I could do a factory reset. I tried it first on my Mac. I noticed every time I plugged in my Mavic to my Mac that it would kinda lag out my computer every 3 to 5 seconds. I tried plugging in the controller to see what would happen with the assistant software - it had no issues with that showing up. It allowed me to downgrade the controller etc..

So, I tried to see what my windows laptop would do. I installed the assistant software on my windows 10 laptop and plugged in the Mavic and it just kept making that windows devices install sound over and over and over again - it seemed like it couldn’t install the drivers. I tried plugging in the controller and it installed the controller with no issues. I was able to see the control and do a reset/downgrade if I wanted to.

Currently no Indicator lights are coming on when I power on the Mavic. I don’t even hear the sound effect it usually does normally. It does power on and the gimbal does it start up process.

IMG_0103.MOV

I’ve tried multiple times turning off the aircraft and controller. I’ve tried a different cable as well with using the USB port on the bottom. I did get the app and controller to connect a few hours ago and saw the camera turn on and show on the iPhone screen but there was a “No Image Transmission Signal” message and I think at times it also displayed a “IMU Calibration”. I ended up doing the IMU Calibration a few times. Nothing...

Here's a video of me powering on the remote. You'll see that it doesn’t connect to the Mavic.
IMG_0104.MOV

IMG_0102.PNG

IMG_0107.PNG

I'm stuck and I'm a little stressed since I just purchased this drone. The 45 minutes that I've used this drone was incredible. Has anyone else ever had this issue?

I purchased the Mavic at Best Buy. If I return this to Best Buy they will charge me a 20% restocking fee. I did sign up for the DJ refresh program the day I activated it. I’ve never crashed this drone. It has maybe 45 mins total of flight time.

- Timothy
If you are exchanging at Best Buy there is no fee. Maybe you could try that and get a fresh start.

If you are exchanging at Best Buy there is no fee. Maybe you could try that and get a fresh start.

Thanks for replying :)

On their website it says that there will be a 15% - 20% restocking fee but exchanging... that's interesting. I currently have the DJI refresh program and I wonder if I would get screw of that since it's tied with my serial number if I got a new drone....

On their website it says that there will be a 15% - 20% restocking fee but exchanging... that's interesting. I currently have the DJI refresh program and I wonder if I would get screw of that since it's tied with my serial number if I got a new drone....
Check in the store... they can’t charge you for malfunctioning purchases. Others have done as I suggested successfully. Save the Refresh for other things.

If you exchange a defective unit, I believe the DJI Refresh can be switched to the new drone at no cost.

@Thomas B I hope you're right :) I will give Best Buy a ring tomorrow. I've already assigned my Refresh program to the Mavic Drone and I'm pretty you cant transferred it to a different drone. I would have to call DJI and see if they could maybe cancel it and refund me or something...

Thanks!

Reactions: Thomas B
@Thomas B I hope you're right :) I will give Best Buy a ring tomorrow. I've already assigned my Refresh program to the Mavic Drone and I'm pretty you cant transferred it to a different drone. I would have to call DJI and see if they could maybe cancel it and refund me or something...

Thanks!
Please post your experience back in this thread for the benefit of others. TIA

I am in the process of exchanging a Mavic 2 Pro that has an IMU problem for a new one from the retailer I bought it from. DJI support has advised me that they will transfer the DJI Care Refresh policy from my defective unit to the new unit once I can give them the serial numbers for both, plus documentation from the retailer that they have received the original unit. DJI’s policy of transferring the DJI Care Refresh to the new unit was a surprise to me. I previously returned a M2Zoom (one that worked fine) to exchange it for a M2Pro. DJI cancelled and refunded the cost of the DJI insurance in that circumstance. They told me it wasn’t possible to transfer the policy to the new unit. I ended up buying a separate policy for the new unit. But evidently DJI does transfer the policy when you are exchanging a defective unit for a like-kind non defective unit. At least, that is what they‘re tilling me. I’ll know in the next 7 days or so if that proves to be accurate.

@VLL hey, thanks for that information! I'll keep you posted too with my progress. I will be calling DJI tomorrow before I call Best Buy to see if they will allow me to transfer my Refresh before I try to exchange for a new one at Best Buy.

I hope Best Buy doesn't give me any issues with the return especially now with the COVID-19. It's only curb-side pickup / returns on right now.

Thanks

IMG_0106.PNG

Factory reset with Mac:

IMG_0103.MOV

IMG_0104.MOV

IMG_0102.PNG

IMG_0107.PNG

- Timothy
I would think that Best Buy would just exchange the same item without a stocking fee. See the manager!

Timmylogue, if there's any chance you have had the drone for less than 15 days, DJI may assist you in the replacement through Best Buy. I was just a bit past that 15 day cut off, so I had to arrange the exchange myself. But when I talked to them, it sounded like they will work with the seller to make the exchange if done within the 15 days. And of course, no restocking fee if that's the case. But I agree with Dale D -- talk to the manager! A restocking fee should only apply for a return, not an exchange due to a defective unit. Good luck!!

Even if Best Buy does exchange without the 20% restocking fee, you should also be able to return it for a full refund within a certain period of time (depending on the laws of our locale), but especially if it is defective. There should never, ever be a restocking fee for a product that doesn't work as it should.

You don't have to get angry with anybody, but you CAN demand to see a manager and also politely mention the possibility of legal action if they try that BS on you.

It wouldn't hurt to do a quick search of the laws in your area re: returning within 3 days for full refund, even if not defective.

Chris

Reactions: timmylogue
If anyone has any idea in the issue it would be bice to share it!
I am having exactly the same issue, drone is out of warranty unfortunately

IMG_0106.PNG

Factory reset with Mac:

IMG_0103.MOV

IMG_0104.MOV

IMG_0102.PNG

IMG_0107.PNG

- Timothy
Look at your cable

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the feedback!

I just got back from Best Buy. They did the exchange with no questions! I told them it was a defective unit. Now I'm on the phone with DJI to try to get my Refresh insurance transfer over from my defective Mavic 2 to my new Mavic 2. I have the receipt from Best Buy showing it's an exchange. Hopefully it's not an issue :)

Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uhd tv