DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Ice boating on Lake Delavan 1/15/22

WOW! Ice boating is really cool. I used to see some of it on the lakes in Michigan when I was growing up but I've never done it. Yu have a big bunch of boaters there. The video is fantastic! Great following of the boats. The GoPro shooting the drivers was a perfect cutaway. Nice job!

pretty cool. You must have used a go pro for the on boat shots. Nice the way you made the video. I live in Waukesha and had no idea you did ice boating there. I fly small aircraft out of palmyra and would love flying over when you do this. I suppose the recent snow ruined your good conditions.

pretty cool. You must have used a go pro for the on boat shots. Nice the way you made the video. I live in Waukesha and had no idea you did ice boating there. I fly small aircraft out of palmyra and would love flying over when you do this. I suppose the recent snow ruined your good conditions.
Yep the snow on Delavan and Geneva basically shut it down till a melt and freeze again (nature’s Zamboni). Fingers crossed we get more sailing in this year

Ice boating is a hit and miss sport given that conditions need to be just right. This year already looks to be the best season in more than 15 years. Boats going fast, we hit 45 knots in gusts. Difficult conditions for a small drone.

Curious because we dont have anything like that, if the ice were to break would it float like a regular boat? I read its called boating but its not exactly in water. All new to me so likely a dumb question but thought I would ask rather than Google it.

Curious because we dont have anything like that, if the ice were to break would it float like a regular boat? I read its called boating but its not exactly in water. All new to me so likely a dumb question but thought I would ask rather than Go
Curious because we dont have anything like that, if the ice were to break would it float like a regular boat? I read its called boating but its not exactly in water. All new to me so likely a dumb question but thought I would ask rather than Google it.
Ice is between 5 and 8 inches thick and always groaning and cracking. There can be pressure ridges and even patches of open water. Basically, if you stay on top and there’s no snow, away you go! Kinda like the new foiling boats only faster

Reactions: TwoSticks
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69