Join Us Now

3 Iceland Imaging

JeffreyS

A Flying Photographer
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
www.jeffreysipress.com
Following up on a recent post of mine, here are two more aerial images from Iceland. The first is way up in the highlands, where a moss covered dormant volcano is situated in a huge plain of black lava. And a panorama from above the valleys at Landmannalaguar. (click on each image to see larger).

yellowpeakpano1.jpg

landmanndronepano3.jpg

The yellow peak shot has some delightful contrasts - I love that shot. Neat view of the scene at Landmannalaguar.

Reactions: JeffreyS
Following up on a recent post of mine, here are two more aerial images from Iceland. The first is way up in the highlands, where a moss covered dormant volcano is situated in a huge plain of black lava. And a panorama from above the valleys at Landmannalaguar. (click on each image to see larger).

View attachment 177655

View attachment 177656
Stunning photos!
On a personal note I somehow feel that showing a touch of horizon or sky in the second photo might enhance viewer's experience. I get your intention to focus on the patern of the water streams and the valley but opening the composition with a sky in distance might be something I'd try to see how it would feel...
Just my 2 cents worth.

Last edited:
Stunning photos!
On a personal note I somehow feel that showing a touch of horizon or sky in the second photo might enhance viewer's experience. I get your intention to focus on the patern of the water streams and the valley but opening the composition with a sky in distance might be something I'd try to see how it would feel...
Just my 2 cents worth.
It's a fine idea, and I did do just that on other similar images from that general area. For this one, I wanted the top to be just above the end of the visible water flow to emphasize the earth only. To get enough sky to be of any value, I would have to had added a lot more to the top of this image and that would dilute the impact of the scene and distract from what I wanted to say here. The distance was hazy and with so much sharp colorful scenery that I wanted to maintain , the sky was a distraction. That was my creative process here. There were many fine alternate compositions as well. I'll post one of those here soon.

Last edited:
It's a fine idea, and I did do just that on other similar images from that general area. For this one, I wanted the top to be just above the end of the visible water flow to emphasize the earth only. To get enough sky to be of any value, I would have to had added a lot more to the top of this image and that would dilute the impact of the scene and distract from what I wanted to say here. The distance was hazy and with so much sharp colorful scenery that I wanted to maintain , the sky was a distraction. That was my creative process here. There were many fine alternate compositions as well. I'll post one of those here soon.
Thank you for your resonse and delving into your creative thought process. I completely get it but still look forward seeng one with the horizon and sky😀

Here are a couple from this same flight.

View attachment 177665

View attachment 177666
Amazing scenery and shots.
My personal preference is this one with the sky. I get that the sky perhaps dilutes the impact of the stream pattern in the valley but this version still wins my vote. I would trim a bit more of the sky though, something like the one attached below

Attachments

• landmanndronepano9.jpg
    landmanndronepano9.jpg
    606.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Awesome photos!

Reactions: JeffreyS and sarahb
Beautiful shots! I also like the version with the sky as it allows you to see the horizon so my eye follows the stream all the way to the distant mountains. With the sky cut out my eye doesn’t know where to stop. Just my personal preference.

Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr