DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost DJI mini 3 pro Iceland litli Hrutur volcano

alek_15

Reactions
Lost Drone Iceland near litli Hrutur hiking trail end

Hey everyone I’m offering a cash reward for anyone who is able to find my DJI mini 3 pro assuming it didn’t get taken away by lava, I crashed it about 648 m away from the established safe zone near the volcano on July 20, 2023. It has a 268 gb green and black Sd card in it that has a lot of memorable footage that I would love to get back, you can keep the drone if you find it I would just really really like to get the footage back. Please shoot me a dm or respond to this if you have any information or are able to find it. Thank you so much!! Lost it bc of signal interference
For clarification I’m just wondering if maybe someone picked it up while hiking, I am not asking anyone to go search for it, and please do not as the area is likely not safe anymore The drone was probably somewhere around that red circle

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 13.53.43.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 13.53.43.jpeg
    496 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
The drone was probably somewhere around that red circle
The recorded flight data will probably give more details about the cause of the incident.
If you still had signal when it went down, it will also have precise location data for the crash site.

1. Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.
or
2. Just post the .txt file here
or
3. If you use Airdata, you can view the flight data on Airdata and post a link for the Airdata report

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!
So sorry for your loss, I hope you are able to find it.

Reactions: RodPad

Hey everyone I’m offering a cash reward for anyone who is able to find my DJI mini 3 pro assuming it didn’t get taken away by lava, I crashed it about 648 m away from the established safe zone near the volcano on July 20, 2023. It has a 268 gb green and black Sd card in it that has a lot of memorable footage that I would love to get back, you can keep the drone if you find it I would just really really like to get the footage back. Please shoot me a dm or respond to this if you have any information or are able to find it. Thank you so much!! Lost it bc of signal interference
For clarification I’m just wondering if maybe someone picked it up while hiking, I am not asking anyone to go search for it, and please do not as the area is likely not safe anymore The drone was probably somewhere around that red circle

I'll be near there next week and can take a look if you post more details. If you send exact coordinates I can fly over with my own drone to check it out.

Any idea what caused the signal interference?

Reactions: RodPad
@alek_15 do you have any more info? I’ll be at your crash location in 36 hours but it won’t be worth my time searching without precise flight data.

If you get signal interference shouldn't it do a RTH?

If you get signal interference shouldn't it do a RTH?

Maybe it lost GPS also? Not sure what happens if it looses RC connection and GPS connection at the same time. Hover until low battery forces landing in situ?

To update, it has been too rainy here to look for anything. Not that I’d have tried anyway without more detailed info though.

Maybe it lost GPS also? Not sure what happens if it looses RC connection and GPS connection at the same time. Hover until low battery forces landing in situ?

To update, it has been too rainy here to look for anything. Not that I’d have tried anyway without more detailed info though.
I didn't know you could lose GPS.

Maybe it lost GPS also?
There's no reason to suspect that it did.
Not sure what happens if it looses RC connection and GPS connection at the same time. Hover until low battery forces landing in situ?
No ... if the drone loses control signal and GPS, it will land where it is.
Not that I’d have tried anyway without more detailed info though.
The OP isn't very interested in helping anyone or finding out what happened.
He hasn't been back to see any of the replies since a few hours after his initial post.
I didn't know you could lose GPS.
It's very rare and usually would require a hardware fault.

Reactions: shb
I was very impressed with all the willingness to help out the OP, including JS47’s offer to help look. Was confused by the OP’s lack of response, but then again, real life may have happened and he could not. But nice job responders.

Reactions: shb

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne