DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ICELAND in 4K

keiser08

Reactions
Hey there guys. I just wanted to share our Iceland in 4k video. I used 2 drones on the said video, a Phantom 4 and also a Mavic pro(mostly). Both drones were exposed to harsh weather 20-40 mph wind, lots of rain, gusts of wind. I ended up using a whole package of silica gel. We usually wake up early morning around 5-6am to avoid people, and to avoid disturbing them. All shots were planned ahead of time and flight time usually last less than a minute. We did the 9 days around the ring road. Feel free to ask me any questions regarding Iceland, I would really recommend the place.

WARNING: Not all footages were shot by drone.

Last edited:
Hi I'm going in 4 weeks to Iceland and will take my mavic pro with me what kind of tips can you give to get the most out of it with the unprecedented weather? We're there issues flying the drone at certain places?

Hi I'm going in 4 weeks to Iceland and will take my mavic pro with me what kind of tips can you give to get the most out of it with the unprecedented weather? We're there issues flying the drone at certain places?
The weather is very unpredictable. It rained 3-4 days during our trip and I was still flying the mavic. The mavic sustained winds up to 40 mph including gust when we were on the top of the mountain where the helicopter brought us. Bring your silica gel for sure and also expect multiple signs of "No drones allowed" I also noticed multiple times where the mavic gets fog on the lens so I had to bury it with silica gel while on the bag to get the moist out.

Any specific selica gel that you recommend as I don't have anything right now also did you have issues with batteries draining because of the weather?

Any specific selica gel that you recommend as I don't have anything right now also did you have issues with batteries draining because of the weather?
That silica gel can be microwave for 1-1:30 secs. It changes color so you know when it is full of water. I use it all the time even at home just to keep moisture away, even in batteries sealed with zip lock.

Great video, the elements look harsh for drones.

Reactions: keiser08
Great video, the elements look harsh for drones.
It was really harsh, that's why i brought 2 drones in case of problems which did happen to my P4 when the gimbal was going all over the place, it may have come from rust in the gimbal because of exposure to the rain for 3 days straight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven