DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'd love to see an option to use waypoint navigation in regular video modes... possible?

• Thread starter Deleted member 127992
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 127992

I have no idea if there is a law against that or if it is just not safe enough in terms of speed of the drone and being "uncontrolled" in a way.
I also don't know (as I am quite new to this drone flying) if other drones or software could do that.

What would you think?

Its been requested numerous times on the DJI forum. Some other DJI models have had this capability, but concensus is that they wont provide it because its a feature of the Mavic 2 line, and they want you to upgrade. That said, if you have ever explored Litchi, (there are a few other third party softwares that support this too) you will find that if DJI releases their software development kit to the world, the folks at Litchi will probably release a version of their software that does support waypoints. I came up from the Spark, and this is exactly what happened after some time. I really hope that DJI caves in to the demand and makes Waypoints part of a firmware upgrade, that way the DJI MA2 warranty is not voided.

Works great with my little Spark. One other thing you need to check, if its legal to use autonomous flight software in Germany.

Its been requested numerous times on the DJI forum. Some other DJI models have had this capability, but concensus is that they wont provide it because its a feature of the Mavic 2 line, and they want you to upgrade. That said, if you have ever explored Litchi, (there are a few other third party softwares that support this too) you will find that if DJI releases their software development kit to the world, the folks at Litchi will probably release a version of their software that does support waypoints. I came up from the Spark, and this is exactly what happened after some time. I really hope that DJI caves in to the demand and makes Waypoints part of a firmware upgrade, that way the DJI MA2 warranty is not voided.

Works great with my little Spark. One other thing you need to check, if its legal to use autonomous flight software in Germany.
Oh, I see... upgrade... But OK, since I am still new in it I will see what comes up.
And yes, auto navigation could be against some law. Will find out.

Thanks a lot for that detailed info you gave!

I have no idea if there is a law against that or if it is just not safe enough in terms of speed of the drone and being "uncontrolled" in a way.
I also don't know (as I am quite new to this drone flying) if other drones or software could do that.

What would you think?
DJI is suppose to release the Mavic Air 2 SDK sometime this year and when they do you’ll be able to do this.

DJI is suppose to release the Mavic Air 2 SDK sometime this year and when they do you’ll be able to do this.
To be clear, this doesn’t mean you’ll necessarily be able to it with the DJI Fly app, but will probably need a 3rd party app such as Litchi

Reactions: DanaMc
It is a very cool feature. I did some cool things with my Mavic Air One and Litchi. I like waypoints a lot... I hope that Litchi will work with The Mavic Air 2 later this year...

Not sure if I am allowed to share this ?

It is a very cool feature. I did some cool things with my Mavic Air One and Litchi. I like waypoints a lot... I hope that Litchi will work with The Mavic Air 2 later this year...

Not sure if I am allowed to share this ?
Nice flight! Thanks for sharing.
Did you set the course on a map before (at home?) or did you fly to every waypoint and saved it before you've recorded the flight?

Nice flight! Thanks for sharing.
Did you set the course on a map before (at home?) or did you fly to every waypoint and saved it before you've recorded the flight?
With Litchi you can do this at home, or on your telephone when you are at the place. First you choose the waypoints and then you save it as a route. You can start that whenever you'r ready.
At the end it flies back to watpoint one and you can set it to land automatically or hover. It is a very nice functionality in Litchi.

Last edited:
That's exactly what I was thinking of... Hopefully this functionality will come the the MA2 in one way or the other.
Thanks again!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rob G Sunrise Chaser