DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ideal amount of batteries? How many batteries do you have?

easyheimer

Reactions
What’s the ideal amount of batteries you should have for your Mavic Mini and how many do you have for yours?

I have only the included one.
It's enough to begin with, since 25min flight time gives me plenty of video to work on.
And I was surprised the battery can be fast recharged back in one hour.

4 and only use 3. Keep 1 for trip home if I see something
i just got to get a picture of.
When I just had 3 it was the same.Would just burn 2 and have the spare.
Do the same with my M2P. Always have a full one on hand.

I'm planning a few "expeditions" for this summer where I might want to use more than 3 batteries, so I'm getting one of these QC 3.0 car charges on eBay. I have a 12v outlet in my car that's always hot, so with that charger plugged into the hub, I think 3 batteries should provide all-day flying without much dead time -- maybe some for recharging the controller.

But, if you're not going to be recharging in the field, then I think the answer to your question is the same as the question, "How many batteries can you fly on one controller charge?" I'm not quite clear on that myself.

Last edited:
I'm planning a few "expeditions" for this summer where I might want to use more than 3 batteries, so I'm getting one of these QC 3.0 car charges on eBay. I have a 12v outlet in my car that's always hot, so with that charger plugged into the hub, I think 3 batteries should provide all-day flying without much dead time -- maybe some for recharging the controller.

But, if you're not going to be recharging in the field, then I think the answer to your question is the same as the question, "How many batteries can you fly on one controller charge?" I'm not quite clear on that myself.
Can that outlet handle two batteries charging at once?

Charging batteries from your car’s power plug?
You sure you want to do that?

While I fly mostly M2P, battery numbers are relavent. I always carry 5, 1 in the drone plus 4 others, most of the time. I may on occasion carry as many as 10, leaving 5 in the car.

Reactions: WooZie

I have a decent 26800mAh battery bank for wild camping trips, rotatino my 3 batteries I’m able to stay off grid and fly all weekend

Reactions: WooZie
With the miserly battery consumption of the mini, 3 batteries are more than sufficient for me.

Got the Fly More Combo, so I got 3 batteries.

Haven't yet seen the need to have any more.

Stay safe!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2