DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Identifying clothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wait until RID enforcement fully takes effect in March next year, and is mandatory for virtually everyone, which is why you can no longer buy any drone from DJI without RID, even if the FAA considers it exempt from RID.
No need to wait.

You haven't been able to buy a drone without RID from DJI for years. Enforcement of RID is already in effect; the FAA is just exercising discretion because of the lack of availability of add-on RID units. You can be cited now if your drone has built-tin RID and you've disabled it.

Arm the Karens and the public with the exact location of every drone pilot while flying and then see how much fun it is to fly in locations where you used to be unnoticed!
Here's that fear of women who might yell at you again. It's almost always easy to locate drone pilot, even without RID, and there's no rash of attacks. And RID has been broadcasting from hundreds of thousands of DJI drones for months and tracking apps have been available. But there have been no waves of attacks on drone pilots.

The only instance where I was unable to locate the pilot of a drone I've spotted was at JazzFest in New Orleans a few years ago when some nitwit fly a drone over the crowd in the infield, descended to about 20' and then disappeared over the third turn in the race track.

Reactions: Torque
Just wait until RID enforcement fully takes effect in March next year, and is mandatory for virtually everyone, which is why you can no longer buy any drone from DJI without RID, even if the FAA considers it exempt from RID. Arm the Karens and the public with the exact location of every drone pilot while flying and then see how much fun it is to fly in locations where you used to be unnoticed!
If I could fly unnoticed prior to RID, why would I be noticeable now?
Do you believe that there are people just waiting with their drone detection apps in every public space, just hoping and waiting to catch a drone?
Frankly, people who are this frightened of What-Ifs and carry in public worry me.

Reactions: MS Coast
There’s only a few places where I would worry about being seen flying a drone, and if I was there, I wouldn’t be wearing any hi-vis clothing either. Otherwise I wouldn’t think twice about wearing my “dork vest” (it’s just a professional grade safety vest for rail and highway workers with no signage on it), I’d rather people think I wasn’t hiding anything- they are simply calmer when you do that, even with the police.
IMG_1611.jpeg
-Ukrainian military drone pilot.

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
50% of my flying is in rural Washington. Meth heaven.
Wow! Still not getting it? Do you fly with a security detail? Do you also walk across minefields for entertainment? Surely, you must fully be aware of the risks you are taking, and willfully ignoring! You need to dodge those bullets on every flight. They only need to succeed in finding you once!
"Drone pilot goes missing in back country."
No witnesses and no body, so no crime to report!

No need to wait.

You haven't been able to buy a drone without RID from DJI for years. Enforcement of RID is already in effect; the FAA is just exercising discretion because of the lack of availability of add-on RID units. You can be cited now if your drone has built-tin RID and you've disabled it.
Which is exactly what I stated, when enforcement fully takes effect.
However, the full impact of RID will not be experienced until every drone pilot has a target on their back, and the apps to locate them are fully developed and widely publicized.

If I could fly unnoticed prior to RID, why would I be noticeable now?
Do you believe that there are people just waiting with their drone detection apps in every public space, just hoping and waiting to catch a drone?
Because RID mandates that the exact location of the pilot be continuously broadcast throughout the flight to anyone with an app on their smartphone.

Wow! Still not getting it? Do you fly with a security detail? Do you also walk across minefields for entertainment? Surely, you must fully be aware of the risks you are taking, and willfully ignoring! You need to dodge those bullets on every flight. They only need to succeed in finding you once!
"Drone pilot goes missing in back country."
No witnesses and no body, so no crime to report!
Yeah, guess I need get my CCW so they'll SEE that I am an armed threat....
Or I can continue to not feed into other's paranoias.

Because RID mandates that the exact location of the pilot be continuously broadcast throughout the flight to anyone with an app on their smartphone.

Yeah, guess I need get my CCW so they'll SEE that I am an armed threat....
Or I can continue to not feed into other's paranoias.
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren’t after you!
Stay safe out there!

Give it time! Once the public fully realizes the power that RID gives them, and not just LEO's and the FAA, every drone hater, overzealous security guard, and vigilante will be empowered to confront every drone flyer, no matter how legally they are flying! For those that must, or persist on flying anyway, a CCW might discourage an attack. No harm If you never need to brandish it. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6!

• Haha
Reactions: dreyezjr and Torque
And for years, the thousands of people who see someone flying a drone every day know the exact location of the pilot. And there's not been even a tiny outbreak of violence against people flying drones.

Give it time! Once the public fully realizes the power that RID gives them, and not just LEO's and the FAA, every drone hater, overzealous security guard, and vigilante will be empowered to confront every drone flyer, no matter how legally they are flying! For thos

Vigilantes hunting down drone pilots! Will Barney get more than one bullet? Seriously?

People see other people flying drones every day. They see the drone and they see the pilot and they know exactly where they both are. Some people don't like drones and occasionally a woman tells the pilot she doesn't like it. That's been the situation for years. And there is no history of violent attacks on drone pilots. Is seeing a moving dot and the pilot's lat/lon coordinates on their phone going to suddenly incite people who don't like drones to attack the pilot?

(Yes, I know someone can probably find a youtube video of someone shoving a drone pilot. That's insignificant.)

a CCW might discourage an attack.
You do realized the the first "C" is for concealed. That means no one can see it. But, maybe the bulge in your pants might cause them to keep their distance.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6!
When the day comes that I'm so afraid and fearful while flying a drone that I have to be prepared to kill someone, I'm going to quit flying. And if you meant that as humor, I'll say shooting another human being is never something to make jokes about.

And for years, the thousands of people who see someone flying a drone every day know the exact location of the pilot. And there's not been even a tiny outbreak of violence against people flying drones.
Completely false! Apparently, you have missed the FAA's well publicized concerns from day 1 over even their inability to locate the pilot during any objectionable flight. Would it be necessary to ground all firefighting aircraft when a drone is detected, if they could immediately locate the pilot? DJI has completely discontinued Aeroscope, and the few units remaining in service are few and far between, and very expensive. Aeroscope also only works with DJI drones. It is useless against any other drone. RID for all drone manufacturers replaces it, and puts the power of Aeroscope in the hands of anyone with a smartphone for every RID compliant drone!

Why do you think VLOS was made mandatory? Safety? LOL! It's to limit the search radius for the pilot, for those complying with it. However, with DJI continually increasing radio control range out to 15km (for "signal stability" HAH!), VLOS still requires voluntary compliance, which is impossible to enforce, if the pilot cannot be located nearby, because they aren’t! Mandated RID is just the beginning, still circumventable with older non RID compliant aircraft without modules. Network ID will be next, meaning you cannot fly without an internet connection. Drone hobbyists are slowly being driven from the skies, freeing up the drone airspace for commercial applications.

Completely false! Apparently, you have missed the FAA's well publicized concerns from day 1 over even their inability to locate the pilot during any objectionable flight. Would it be necessary to ground all firefighting aircraft when a drone is detected, if they could immediately locate the pilot? DJI has completely discontinued Aeroscope, and the few units remaining in service are few and far between, and very expensive. Aeroscope also only works with DJI drones. It is useless against any other drone. RID for all drone manufacturers replaces it, and puts the power of Aeroscope in the hands of anyone with a smartphone for every RID compliant drone!

Why do you think VLOS was made mandatory? Safety? LOL! It's to limit the search radius for the pilot, for those complying with it. However, with DJI continually increasing radio control range out to 15km (for "signal stability" HAH!), VLOS still requires voluntary compliance, which is impossible to enforce, if the pilot cannot be located nearby, because they aren’t! Mandated RID is just the beginning, still circumventable with older non RID compliant aircraft without modules. Network ID will be next, meaning you cannot fly without an internet connection. Drone hobbyists are slowly being driven from the skies, freeing up the drone airspace for commercial applications.
What an asinine opinion with little fact to support it.
You should sell your drones and take up Bridge or Cribbage.

Vigilantes hunting down drone pilots! Will Barney get more than one bullet? Seriously?

People see other people flying drones every day. They see the drone and they see the pilot and they know exactly where they both are. Some people don't like drones and occasionally a woman tells the pilot she doesn't like it. That's been the situation for years. And there is no history of violent attacks on drone pilots. Is seeing a moving dot and the pilot's lat/lon coordinates on their phone going to suddenly incite people who don't like drones to attack the pilot?

(Yes, I know someone can probably find a youtube video of someone shoving a drone pilot. That's insignificant.)

You do realized the the first "C" is for concealed. That means no one can see it. But, maybe the bulge in your pants might cause them to keep their distance.

When the day comes that I'm so afraid and fearful while flying a drone that I have to be prepared to kill someone, I'm going to quit flying. And if you meant that as humor, I'll say shooting another human being is never something to make jokes about.
It's called self defense! If the world is as kind and understanding as you believe, you'll never need to unconceal or use your CCW. However, the Boy Scout motto is Be Prepared! Self defense is no joke! Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it! Most police never fire their service weapons in many years of service. However, they couldn't defend themselves or you without having one available when needed. Expecting the police to show up to protect you will become a recovery effort, not a rescue effort! Bystanders will document the pilots demise for YT likes, before they come to his assistance!

• Haha
You've drawn your weapon and taken aim?
No. Reported your last post, which is in gross violation of our Community Rules!

14. We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate discourtesy or disrespect.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member