DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iDrone - How Long Before Apple Announces Release

DJI isn't getting bought. DJI has the majority of the market share and isn't publicly traded. The laws and regulations are up on and down and kicking DJI along the way. The owner isn't going to sell. Done.

Tesla will buy Apple before Apple buys DJI

More like Apple buys Tesla.

Tesla has a better chance of pioneering electric cars and failing in the process before they buy anyone that big.

That's my prediction with Tesla. Ford and Chevy etc. will more than likely step in and crush them. Tesla will have a difficult time meeting demand and growing on a map that already has been owned. The manufacturers sit back let Tesla do some R&D. And with plants all over the world could step in and crush them when the time comes. Tesla paves the way but there's a strong shot 25 years from now they may not be driving on it.

Ford, Benz, Chevy - dealerships, factories all over. Tesla, does not have the distribution. And it's an extremely high probability that by the time a Tesla meets a price that everyone can afford. The manufacturers with the plants and distribution will compete with it.

Fords not trying to compete with 100k car neither are they trying to compete with one that may not be delivered that cost 60k+ after options.

End Result... Tesla is pioneering the electric car. But continued survival I would not place high.

But my opinion is they probably wind up like a Howard Hughes, or studebaker. The jumps to big. Gas stations everywhere electric still takes some time to charge and let's not forget apartment dwellers. They can't charge them.

Who knows although?

Not to say I don't like Tesla. Buying one probably isn't a bad investment succeed or fail. They pioneered it, for the most part. And anything Studebaker or Howard Hughes wound up being worth a lot.

But I do like the Tesla just like I loved the DeLorean. Hope it can compete but getting to where the large manufacturers are with out being bought. That's going to be tough if not next to impossible.

I love my Mini Cooper S. They are long dead. The only reason they lived BMW bought the rights and distributed them through BMW dealers. They were already built. Same with smart car, Mercedes siphoned them through their dealer network. Tesla almost needs to be bought even if they meet a solid price to continue survival. If not then they need Apples luck from the 80's etc.

It's a tough road, and they are nowhere near it yet.

Forgot to add Fiat. They bought Chrysler while they were hemorrhaging cash all over the place. May be a good move though. We see the Fiat now don't we?

Tesla, long road.

3 Possibilities

1. Fail
2. Bought out and the car is sold through existing dealers and factories.
3. Built from the ground up and nothing short of a miracle.

Tesla has Elon Musk. He's nothing short of the right guy to try. So like I said who knows?

Last edited:
Apple isn't getting bought... There is no way that will happen. As for Apple not being able to do it... You'd be surprised.... They have hired employees from companies that they are interested in. If they can't buy DJI which most likely won't happen then they will fish for some of their employees and build it anyways.

Why, Apple is just another company, a few years back relatively small German sports car company came very close to buying Volkswagon - a bigger company than Apple - so it's perfectly feasible :)

Why, Apple is just another company, a few years back relatively small German sports car company came very close to buying Volkswagon - a bigger company than Apple - so it's perfectly feasible :)

Apples mentality... I just don't see it happening.

I wonder when Apple will be announcing the purchase of DJI, and announcing the iDrone. Anyone hear anything on this, or was it an April fools joke?
Almost certainly Apple will buy DJI. There're already joined at the waist.

why is it so bad if Apple buy DJI? I think it would be a good thing for us consumers since we get the "parts" that are missing. I as FB are looking into (or have already entered) the camera market why should apple stay on the bench?

Pls Apple go ahead buy it.

I'd rather see apple have their own to compete with DJI and other companies. I want to see prices drop and competition to deliver better and more advanced drones. If we have only a couple people making them then we are going to pay out the butt for them.

We need more variety on this wagon!

Reactions: Soundtekk
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE....

For those who are even thinking about the option of Apple buying DJI....COME ON! OPEN YOU EYES...

DJI is not for sale even for double its value
That won´t happen

But I can understand your dream about it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13