DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If I never operate the Mavic with cell or WiFi connected ?

SvenG

Reactions
I don't want to update the firmware all the time and I don't particularly want the Mavic to tell DJI (or anyone else) about all my flights.

I haven't logged that many flights yet but I've gotten into the habit of always putting the iPhone in airplane mode and then turning off WiFi before starting up the DJI GO 4 app, the controller and the Mavic.

My question is if this is sufficient to keep the Mavic off-grid until I want it to connect or is the app always running in the background so as soon as I turn WiFi or cellular back on it calls home even if the controller and Mavic are powered off and I am not running the app ?

Thanks,

-Sven

Force Stop the app before turning OFF airplane mode or turning ON wifi.

Reactions: dewster
Hey Sven, can you tell us more about your concerns regarding what you mentioned about "calling home"?

Hey Sven, can you tell us more about your concerns regarding what you mentioned about "calling home"?

It's pretty simple, I don't like it when any of my systems contact someone I don't know without my approval and sends or receives data.

See the functionality of 'Little Snitch Network Monitor' to understand the concern.

Thanks.

-Sven

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM