DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If you did not buy your DJI Drone in the US, is it RID Compliant in the US?

Assumptions often prove wrong - a lesson learned long ago.
Cruise companies are doing what they've been asked to do, those %$!&* Karens!
The Antarctic Treaty Secretariat (ATS) recently announced new regulations on the use of drones in Antarctica. In compliance with the Antarctic Treaty System, ATS has mandated that all drone flights in the region must be approved by a national Antarctic program and adhere to international regulations.
The ATS has emphasized the need for the responsible use of drones in Antarctica due to the fragile nature of the environment.

The ATS is someone I might respect, but I'd like to know the genesis of their authority.

As far as the IAATO, nope, no respect at all. Just like I give no credence to claims in an ad that a toothbrush is approved by the American Dental Association.

Curious. If I formed a Seacliff Regional Protection Association, and we issued a bunch of rules banning all drone flights in the Seacliff area unless a training program offered by the SRPA is completed, you apply to the SRPA for a permit to fly in our designated region, which requires that you must participate in one of our guided tours to use that permit, would you "respect" this organization and follow our rules?

Or might you say, "who the h*ll are you, and by what authority do you interfere with my flying? The only authority I understand to be in force here is the FAA. Go away."

I don't have much respect for self-appointed authorities, none for those with such a blatant self-interest.

Last edited:
Does it?

I respect people and organizations that reasonably deserve it.

I have little respect for Karens.

IMO, and it's just that, an opinion, is that the IAATO the equivalent to a Karen.

If some committee at the UN designated certain international areas as sensitive and shouldn't be flown, I'd respect that.

When a private association of Tour Operators asserts control over where they make their money doing tours, demand that you pay them big bucks for permission to fly your drone – permission they have no authority to deny – my deep suspicion klaxons go off.

They're able to do this because of the reasons stated in that article... It's very, very hard to mount any sort of expedition to the Antarctic.

In any realistic scenario, I'd be on one of their tours, jumping through their hoops to fly my drone if I really wanted to film Antarctica.

For practical reasons, not out of respect for their arrogant butts.
Karen is a very misogynistic term. Anyone had the right to their opinions without being shut down with labels like this. Opponents or critics would be a suitable term without implying a woman who does not like drones is an unbalanced harpy.

Karen is a very misogynistic term. Anyone had the right to their opinions without being shut down with labels like this. Opponents or critics would be a suitable term without implying a woman who does not like drones is an unbalanced harpy.
James, Meet Mr. Karen...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas