DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If you're tired of the power adaptor hanging out the power outlet

LakeTravis

Reactions
Some of you may actually like that the power adaptor plugs directly into the wall. I hate it. So I bought this short 1.6'/0.5m) extension cord to plug the adaptor into. I carefully bent the adaptor power prongs inward a tiny bit so they would fit tightly. Now my adaptor isn't sticking out from the outlet, inexpensive solution... just thought I'd share..

View attachment 140539
I should add that I keep my drones and LOTS of camera gear and other electronics somewhat neatly organized in a closet and having the charger brick plugged into a power strip just took up too much room.

I have finished the first iteration of my Mavic 3 Battery Charging Case. Based on what I built for the Phantom 4 Pro years ago...

HVAS211213-1.jpgHVAS211213-4.jpg

Harbor Freight Apache 3800 Case
APC PE76 7 Outlet Power Strip
Baseus 100W GaN II USB-C Fast Charger
AGVEE 90 Degree Right Angled USB-C Male to USB-C Female Adapter
ULT-WIIQ-US USB-C 3.2 Cable 100W 90 Degree Right Angle
DJI Mavic 3 Battery Charging Hub

I have finished the first iteration of my Mavic 3 Battery Charging Case. Based on what I built for the Phantom 4 Pro years ago...

View attachment 140547View attachment 140548

Harbor Freight Apache 3800 Case
APC PE76 7 Outlet Power Strip
Baseus 100W GaN II USB-C Fast Charger
AGVEE 90 Degree Right Angled USB-C Male to USB-C Female Adapter
ULT-WIIQ-US USB-C 3.2 Cable 100W 90 Degree Right Angle
DJI Mavic 3 Battery Charging Hub
That's an interesting solution, I'm pretty happy with my closet organization, but darn, that looks nice! I sure don't need that many batteries. I'm an older, disabled Vietnam vet, and at 90 mins plus, with the addition of a sine wave AC outlet in my car, I'm pretty well set.

My Phantom 4 Pro case held six batteries, and I usually carry eight or nine batteries to keep up on a hot day with multiple jobs.

IMG_4426.jpg

With the longer flight time of the M3, and the more stable platform allowing me to get shots set up quicker, I am probably going to be fine with the initial six M3 batteries (3 from M3 Fly More, 3 from M3Cine Fly More). But with all that room I added the third charging base, just in case...

That's an interesting solution, I'm pretty happy with my closet organization, but darn, that looks nice! I sure don't need that many batteries. I'm an older, disabled Vietnam vet, and at 90 mins plus, with the addition of a sine wave AC outlet in my car, I'm pretty well set.

Reactions: LakeTravis
Some of you may actually like that the power adaptor plugs directly into the wall. I hate it. So I bought this short 1.6'/0.5m) extension cord to plug the adaptor into. I carefully bent the adaptor power prongs inward a tiny bit so they would fit tightly. Now my adaptor isn't sticking out from the outlet, inexpensive solution... just thought I'd share..

View attachment 140539
I don’t get it; what am I missing here? What is the difference between having the power adapter plugged into the wall outlet vs this extension cord being plugged into the wall outlet? Regardless of whether you leave the power adapter plugged in all the time or only while actually charging, an extension cord is still only an “extension” of the regular cord. It would be a different matter if the extension cord had multiple outlets on the end so I could plug-in additional devices into the extension cord, but that’s not the case. You’re still using one device for one outlet.

See my post above. I keep several drones and several cameras and lots of lenses and gear organized in a closet off of power strips and the charger block just takes up too much room on the power strip. If you don't get it, it's no big deal, you just don't need it.

See my post above. I keep several drones and several cameras and lots of lenses and gear organized in a closet off of power strips and the charger block just takes up too much room on the power strip. If you don't get it, it's no big deal, you just don't need it.
Thanks for the additional information. I obviously saw your original post in which you only spoke of the “power adaptor plugs directly into the wall.” You didn’t mention “power strips” (which I also hate) but only the “wall.” So, not enough room on a power strip, yes, I get that. I don’t need the extension cord because I don’t use a power strip set-up like you, but thanks for sharing for those who do. Enjoy safe and happy flying and have a wonderful holiday season!

Reactions: LakeTravis
Thanks for the additional information. I obviously saw your original post in which you only spoke of the “power adaptor plugs directly into the wall.” You didn’t mention “power strips” (which I also hate) but only the “wall.” So, not enough room on a power strip, yes, I get that. I don’t need the extension cord because I don’t use a power strip set-up like you, but thanks for sharing for those who do. Enjoy safe and happy flying and have a wonderful holiday season!
You, too, my friend, and also, stay safe... 😷

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leroyman