Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Using the power bank adaptor to charge the drones batteries.

valgriffiths

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it would be possible to charge the drones batteries using the power bank adaptor and a USB to USB cable plugged into a regular AC/DC outlet?

Thanks.
Val.

Reactions: Former Member

Bunny Too

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it would be possible to charge the drones batteries using the power bank adaptor and a USB to USB cable plugged into a regular AC/DC outlet?

Thanks.
Val.
I do not believe that would be a good idea at all.

Bunny Too

Premium Pilot
Reaction score

Thanks.
Val.
Howdy from Wyoming @valgriffiths , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

sar104

Dic mihi solum facta, domina.
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
No - that will not work at all. The adapter takes the battery voltage and drops it to USB level (5 V) to use as a source to charge or power USB devices. Trying to reverse that - i.e. feeding 5 V back to the adapter - will have no useful effect at all because these circuits are not reversible and the adapter will not convert the 5 V up to a level that would be able to charge the battery.

valgriffiths

Reaction score
No - that will not work at all. The adapter takes the battery voltage and drops it to USB level (5 V) to use as a source to charge or power USB devices. Trying to reverse that - i.e. feeding 5 V back to the adapter - will have no useful effect at all because these circuits are not reversible and the adapter will not convert the 5 V up to a level that would be able to charge the battery.
Thanks for your feedback - I suspected it would be a bad idea but that is very useful to know re the voltage. I was just curious re a lighter option for charging accessories whilst travelling. Thanks a lot.
Regards,
Val.

All E RC Mavic Drones

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kcareaff